Stuck on AP Fastboot Flash Mode

DROID11

Reaction score
I attempted to run the RSD lite utility to return my phone that was on .901 to .893. It failed to flash and 6 of 20 (something like that). Anyways, now every time I reboot it goes to a screen that says AP Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure). Underneath it say 0A.61 then down below it says 'Battery OK', 'OK to Program', 'Connect USB', and 'Data Cable' I have to boot it into the bootloader then to reboot system normally. This wasn't a huge issue until today when my battery died. It wouldn't charge and just said something similar but it said battery low plug in usb instead of battery ok. Fortunately I have a spare battery, but the other one still won't charge :mad:. I am now on .902, and I don't care to go back to .893 if I don't have to, but I need to find a way to get it past the AP Fastboot Flash Mode by default. SOrry if this is a duplicate, I didn't know what to search for. Thanks

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you cannot get RSDLite to flash the targa xml then try this...Get to 5.5.893 OTA from ANY LEAK - RootzWiki ...
not sure you can get rid of that flash failure error without reflashing back to 5.5.886, then 5.5.893...... from there take the 5.5.893 to .902 OTA zip file that's available

OP
D

DROID11

Reaction score
If you cannot get RSDLite to flash the targa xml then try this...Get to 5.5.893 OTA from ANY LEAK - RootzWiki ...
not sure you can get rid of that flash failure error without reflashing back to 5.5.886, then 5.5.893...... from there take the 5.5.893 to .902 OTA zip file that's available

Thanks to the gov't the files I need have been removed. Is there any way to just get it to boot normally without going into the fastboot?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks to the gov't the files I need have been removed. Is there any way to just get it to boot normally without going into the fastboot?

If you're trying to boot up and it goes directly to that fastboot menu I regrtfully have to say that you'd need to reflash... either via RSD or thru fastboot, and since RSDLite isn't working for you for some reason, you'll need to start from scratch using that link I provided since you cannot get into stock recovery neither

OP
D

DROID11

Reaction score
If you're trying to boot up and it goes directly to that fastboot menu I regrtfully have to say that you'd need to reflash... either via RSD or thru fastboot, and since RSDLite isn't working for you for some reason, you'll need to start from scratch using that link I provided since you cannot get into stock recovery neither

I can get in recovery, though. Thanks for the replies btw

OP
D

DROID11

Reaction score
I tried this method and in RSD Lite it fails to flash the system.img (step 8/14) any clue why or what to do? I am running .902 FWIW

edit: got it to flash back to 886. Got the CDT error at .893 it is stuck in AP Fastboot Mode (S) (Invalid CDT). Downloaded the cdt.bin fil you posted about (crimedog) but how to I actually flash it? Just through the recovery, or what?

beachbum25

Reaction score
This has saved my phone from multiple "bricks". And they have all had different symptoms. Good Luck.

1. go here TH3ORYROM.us.to | Just another WordPress site2. click released root
3. download releasedroot_windows
4. unzip folder
5. double click releasedroot.bat file
6. follow the instructions from there and select the method you want from there.

Hope this helps.

Just a note I used option 4 because I wanted to start from scratch.

OP
D

DROID11

Reaction score
This has saved my phone from multiple "bricks". And they have all had different symptoms. Good Luck.

1. go here TH3ORYROM.us.to | Just another WordPress site2. click released root
3. download releasedroot_windows
4. unzip folder
5. double click releasedroot.bat file
6. follow the instructions from there and select the method you want from there.

Hope this helps.

Just a note I used option 4 because I wanted to start from scratch.

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and updated it to .902 and now it is working fine. All I wanted to do was get it so it wasn't stuck in AP fastboot to begin with. I have some dead pixels on my screen for some reason, so I ordered a warranty replacement and will wait until I get that to do any type of rooting. Hopefully it comes with 893 or earlier so I can just root and rom right away.