Storage

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok this is what I think I've figured out.

16G SD card.
8G on Phone. Half is already used.
8G on SD-ext for media

So we only have lost about 3-4G due to the system. However some issues need resolving.

1) When you download an app it goes to sd-media - WRONG PLACE. It will vanish when you re-boot. I've been moving them to Phone and they stay put.

2) How can we change the default place an app downloads to. It needs to go on the phone or the SD card - not the sd-media area.

:icon_eek:

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have noticed several times when trying to repopulate my Bionic (with all the apps that were on my OG Droid) that I get a message about not having sufficient storage. . . when I go into the Storage settings I see that I have only 3.59GB of available space for application storage, yet my Internal storage says that I have 8GB total and 7.98GB available. Not sure I am understanding where apps are being stored?

I did modify the storage location for the Windows Media Sync from Internal storage to SD card to see what that would do. . . what will that do? :blink:

Thanks for any help. I was stoked to have enough storage capacity for more apps than I was able to have on my old school Droid (RIP OG Droid), but not sure what is going on.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to default new downloads to the Phone or SD card and not the SD-ext card?