Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well, after going through some posts on the motorola forum, it appears that, if the 'MotoXpert' is correct, that the media area is actually part of the 16 gig internal storage. EXT-SD is the 16 gig one you can remove. Now, according to him, apps were never meant to be put on the EXT-SD card, it's for pics, music, videos etc.

But in another post, was a bit confusing, as he said app developers need to 'tweak' their apps to work on the media/sd card. Now I am not sure if he is meaning the SD CARD (Which is media area) or the EXT-SD Card. He goes on to say you can use apps like astro to move apps to the EXT-SD card. Now after this post is a flurry of users complaining and some engineers from other companies stating how easy it would be for Motorola to easily make it so instead of installing to media area, they can ad in the software update the ability to install to the EXT-SD.

Now whether or not this is the case is yet to be seen, but if the EXT-SD card wasn't meant to store apps, sounds incredibily ridiculous to me.

Now on another post he replied to a member with this in regards to the above issue:

Hello scottay. In due time, if you are around the forum long enough, when Ice Cream Sandwich is rolled out, the big picture of what Google is attempting to do with the new file systems on the Xoom and the Bionic, the RAZR, etc. will then rapidly become crystal clear to you. If you aren't aware that it's a fact that developers are having to play catch up with what Google has already started in their file structures, then there's nothing else I can say. You feel you are owed a RAZR, that's clear from the thread topic and it affects every post you make in some manner or the other. --- Dan

Now on another note, a user posted this info, which I will quote:

"

In this day and age, it seems that if a phone ships with a significant problem, it's never going to be resolved with OTA updates, mainly due to the fact that quality assurance levels have gone way down for smartphones and companies refuse to do anything about it.

Apparently, Motorola has chosen the same path for its Droid Bionic smartphone, a phone that had issues since before it was released. According to a leaked RadioShack document, the seller believes that the Droid Bionic is "unsellable," and has since pulled it from its Direct2U service.

An unnamed 'Shack employee has stated that the situation is due to a security issue or software glitch that can actually be resolved OTA by Motorola, but until then, the store will not be selling it.

This is a RadioShack-only deal right now, but that could change, should any other sellers or big-box stores find that the issue warrants a shelf-pulling."

[Droid-Life]
[MotorolaSupport]

Last edited:

warrior21

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of speculation out there. I went into the verizon store last night to upgrade my daughters phone and if course the guy asked if I wanted to upgrade mine also to the new iphone. When I told him I had the bionic he said they were being recalled soon and that the announcement was coming. I wish they would all get on the same page already and figure out what it is they want to do and end the speculation. I like the phone and would rather them just release an update to take care of the couple of bugs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of speculation out there. I went into the verizon store last night to upgrade my daughters phone and if course the guy asked if I wanted to upgrade mine also to the new iphone. When I told him I had the bionic he said they were being recalled soon and that the announcement was coming. I wish they would all get on the same page already and figure out what it is they want to do and end the speculation. I like the phone and would rather them just release an update to take care of the couple of bugs.

recalled from stores or from customers

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

warrior21

Reaction score
The way I took it was recalled from customers but maybe he did mean from stores.

318Droid

Reaction score
I feel if its going to be a recall then they should recall them ALL. Why just take from stores and not customers. But oh well, we'll see. I do kno I love mine

nateohio

Reaction score

That's funny because they are STILL selling them in stores and online:

Sounds like yet another sales rep talking out of his butt. Probably an iPhone fanboy that jumped on RUMORS to make a flagship android device sound bad.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Would Moto do that?? I can't see them recalling ALL the Bionics... That would kill their earnings. I like my Bionic, I haven't had any real issues besides the occasional data drop (which, even though doesn't happen too often, when it does, it goes out for hours on end, and had I known about it, I might've thought twice about buying it), but if they recall it, what would all Bionic owners do?? I, for one, would be real sketchy about getting another Moto phone, at least for a while, if it came to that. And that sucks 'cause I like Moto. A lot of people would lose faith in their product if they did a mass recall...

warrior21

Reaction score
That's funny because they are STILL selling them in stores and online:

Sounds like yet another sales rep talking out of his butt. Probably an iPhone fanboy that jumped on RUMORS to make a flagship android device sound bad.

You might be right. He was definitely pushing the iphone hard. I ended up leaving without upgrading my daughters phone. This is why I do my shopping online

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Too much rumor speculation and innuendo here. Radio Shack corporate pulled the Bionic due to VZW Being butt hurt over losing too many sales from the $100 off promotion. Nothing more, nothing less. There is no security issue or major flaw such as Shadez refers to.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
That's what I originally thought when the news first came out. I'm still inclined to not believe the rumors, just because I know my phone hasn't been giving me these "major issues". Of course, I can't speak for everyone else, and these rumors are still flying fast and furious. I'm noticing, though, a lot of the people fanning the flames on this fire also talk up the RAZR a lot, so maybe this is a tactic to try and get an upgrade? Sorry, I'm adding to the conjecture.....

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Too much rumor speculation and innuendo here. Radio Shack corporate pulled the Bionic due to VZW Being butt hurt over losing too many sales from the $100 off promotion. Nothing more, nothing less. There is no security issue or major flaw such as Shadez refers to.

I have been reading the same through several sources...

Sent from my Sourcerized D1

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
That's what I originally thought when the news first came out. I'm still inclined to not believe the rumors, just because I know my phone hasn't been giving me these "major issues". Of course, I can't speak for everyone else, and these rumors are still flying fast and furious. I'm noticing, though, a lot of the people fanning the flames on this fire also talk up the RAZR a lot, so maybe this is a tactic to try and get an upgrade? Sorry, I'm adding to the conjecture.....

Right. They are trying to get something for nothing. That's all.
Be patient. Wait for the November update and all will be well.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
That article states NO security issues.

Read it again: "The DROID Bionic has been flagged as “unsellable” in stores and has been removed from their Direct2U system. Our source says that it is likely a software or security issue that needs to be addressed before they can begin to sell it again."