storage question

Goofy Yno

Reaction score
I'm very un-computer inclined, but was noticing about half my memory (4.4 GB of 8) and half my ram (321 mb of 7) are bing used. I don't think there is anything on my SD. How do I use it properly? What things I should store on the SD? is there a good app that does it automatically, or do I need to move things? if I do need to manually move them, how it that done?

Any help with these rudimentary questions are very much appreciated.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I'm very un-computer inclined, but was noticing about half my memory (4.4 GB of 8) and half my ram (321 mb of 7) are bing used. I don't think there is anything on my SD. How do I use it properly? What things I should store on the SD? is there a good app that does it automatically, or do I need to move things? if I do need to manually move them, how it that done?

Any help with these rudimentary questions are very much appreciated.

It's kind of confusing, the internal memory is divided into 3 partitions, 4 Gigs for Apps, 4 Gigs for misc, 8 gigs for dedicated system software. The SD card, as of now, basically stores music and photos and videos. We are waiting for an update within the next couple of weeks to address issues with the Bionic. As of right now, apps cannot be stored on the External SD card. The update is supposed to fix this.