Stop Spam Email arriving as Text Messages

Cobra_Gt

Reaction score
I keep getting text messages from travel and ticket places from an email. How do I cut/block this on my S5 (G900V) with 5.0 update, Verizon? Different email address, different phone number to call.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Blacklisting senders is an SMS app-specific feature. I use ChompSMS which supports it (long-click the contact and select "Blacklist"). Not sure if the stock messaging app supports it or not.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I've never received spam via text msgs but my significant other has had a couple. She just adds them to her blacklist and viola...their gone. Are you using the stock messenger or a third party msg app?
I use GoSMS and by long pressing on the message without opening it, you can then choose to forward it, add to blacklist, etc. She uses Chomp and it has a similar feature.
Oftentimes if you reply with "stop", they will remove you from their auto msg queue.
Good luck!

S5 tap'n

OP
Cobra_Gt

Cobra_Gt

Reaction score
I am using the stock messaging app. I will try ChompSMS with the stock message app.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
I am using the stock messaging app. I will try ChompSMS with the stock message app.

Chomp is a replacement for the stock messaging app, you'll have better luck if you disable the stock app while using a 3rd party app such as Chomp (or Handcent, etc.).

OP
Cobra_Gt

Cobra_Gt

Reaction score
Yes, I just figured that out.