Stock Keyboard/Stock SMS Layout

unbesorgt

Reaction score
That's why I said never mind :eek: Initially. I had said something else, but because I can't delete posts from my app I edited instead.
Anyway, the problems with SwiftKey are not exclusive to Motorola phones.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

What are your other problems with Swiftkey? Just curious because I use it every day and have not noticed any issues since the update. One thing you could try, to fix the menu issue on your S4, is moving the keyboard (new feature).

victoriak68

Reaction score
What are your other problems with Swiftkey? Just curious because I use it every day and have not noticed any issues since the update. One thing you could try, to fix the menu issue on your S4, is moving the keyboard (new feature).

I've tried everything. My biggest issue with SwiftKey since the update is it magically disappearing on me while I type. It just randomly goes into hide mode and no I'm not causing it, I double checked lol. The rest is just little annoyances. With exception of default size, the resizing oresets either make the 'board either too big or too small. Being able to set the 'board to either left or right is suppose to make one-handed typing possible on larger phones (like mine), but the keys on 'board are too small. Left/right position and floating are only useful on tablets (my opinion). I've got a big screen, but it's not that big lol. Anyway, I was fine with default settings as long as I could use a split keyboard. Again, the random disappearing while typing was the biggest factor in me switching to Kii.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I've tried everything. My biggest issue with SwiftKey since the update is it magically disappearing on me while I type. It just randomly goes into hide mode and no I'm not causing it, I double checked lol. The rest is just little annoyances. With exception of default size, the resizing oresets either make the 'board either too big or too small. Being able to set the 'board to either left or right is suppose to make one-handed typing possible on larger phones (like mine), but the keys on 'board are too small. Left/right position and floating are only useful on tablets (my opinion). I've got a big screen, but it's not that big lol. Anyway, I was fine with default settings as long as I could use a split keyboard. Again, the random disappearing while typing was the biggest factor in me switching to Kii.

Wow that sucks, the keyboard randomly disappearing would definitely be a dealbreaker for me as well. :icon_eek: Wonder if it has anything to do with TouchWiz? Personally I like the new resize feature in SwiftKey -- I have it set one notch below the default size which seems like the best compromise of screen visiblity vs. typeablity for me on the 5-inch Maxx screen. It's 720p though while your S4 screen is 1080p, so that may be causing differences in rendering as well. Hope they get it sorted.

victoriak68

Reaction score
Wow that sucks, the keyboard randomly disappearing would definitely be a dealbreaker for me as well. :icon_eek: Wonder if it has anything to do with TouchWiz? Personally I like the new resize feature in SwiftKey -- I have it set one notch below the default size which seems like the best compromise of screen visiblity vs. typeablity for me on the 5-inch Maxx screen. It's 720p though while your S4 screen is 1080p, so that may be causing differences in rendering as well. Hope they get it sorted.

Oh most definitely the resolution is a factor. I'd agree that Touchwiz could be the cause of the disappearing act except that it only happens with SwiftKey and only since the new update. Previous SwiftKey version allowed resizing also, but wasn't restricted to presets. That's what should still be available.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, SwiftKey pushed out an update today and it does not fix the problem.
I was using Kii, and I liked it, but it wouldn't put a space after punctuation like I had selected in the settings. So now I am back to SwiftKey, but with the advice above about long press to select the menu...except I don't know what to long press lol

Sent from my Droid Maxx