stock gingerbread keyboard on Droid Bionic???

jrosser

Reaction score
Is there a way to get the stock gb keyboard on the droid bionic?.. had it on my last phone and prefer over the MB keyboard..

thanks,

dmilota

Reaction score
agreed, i miss my smiley button from my OG droid w/ GB... any way to get it back?

Reaction score
agreed, i miss my smiley button from my OG droid w/ GB... any way to get it back?

I was about to tell you guys to hold the enter key like you could on the X and X2. But when I changed keyboards back to the stock ones to tell you that that is how to do emoticons, I found that that does not work on this phone (yet).

But in the mean time, you could always add emoticons from apps in the Market.

I am using Smart Keyboard Pro (they have a free one too). It is fully cusomizable. And lots of features and settings for individual preferences. I have mine set to do just that - hold the 'enter' key to bring up the emoticon menu.

*Edited

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

OP
J

jrosser

Reaction score
" Android Keyboard from gingerbread" in the market.

This post is Incredible 2!

installed from the market.. went into settings and checked box to use gingerbread keyboard.. when i go to type something i still have the old keyboard.. even restarted.. am i missing something?

thanks,

Reaction score
installed from the market.. went into settings and checked box to use gingerbread keyboard.. when i go to type something i still have the old keyboard.. even restarted.. am i missing something?

thanks,

So, if I understand correctly, you went into Settings/Language and Keyboard/Input Method and selected the keyboard you wanted?

You can do the same thing by going into an app with a text field - i.e. browser or text messages - and select the field and hold it for a second or so. A pop up will come up and will give you an option to select the input method.

I can't speak for the keyboard you downloaded but as an example the one I use - Smart Keyboard Pro - I have an option in Input Method:

"Multitouch Keyboard
Smart Keyboard Pro
Swype"

If you did do all of that, than I have no clue, bro.

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

OP
J

jrosser

Reaction score
that worked.. when i opened up soemthing that had a text dialog i coudl press and hold.. then choose input meathod.. jsut choosing through settings didn't doi t..

tank yuou

Reaction score
Sweet. Glad it worked for you. You're welcome! That's what all these communities are for - to help each other out. :)