Stock Droid boots only to blank backlit screen. no moto logo or keyboard lighting

agentdss

Reaction score
And of course I can't switch online to my older phone and Verizon phone support is closed. real crappy week and this made it worse.

Stock phone. Right before this happened, I was trying to wake up the phone with the power button and all that lit up was the buttons on the bottom.....this has happened before and I thought as usual I just need to do a battery pull and it will start up fine.

nope.

only thing I see is a blank backlit screen, no moto logo, nothing. No other lights appear on the unit. Tried removing battery and sd card and powering with wall charger. no go. also tried holding x key while powering on. nothing

what the hell happened? i forsee a grim future where i have to track down the over 130 apps I downloaded on a replacement phone. Is there anyone to recover my current phone? Thanks

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Charge it for a while.

OP
A

agentdss

Reaction score
I have two batteries, both I know for sure have at least half charge. No luck

sremex

Reaction score
Ok well what I would try first is plugging you phone into the wall charger. Make sure it is the wall charger. Let it charge for like 30 min to an hour and try to turn it back on. This happened to me once and it was because the battery was dead.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can you get into bootloader?

OP
A

agentdss

Reaction score
The phone is stock and I've never messed with bootloader. How do I check on this?
I did notice that when I plug it in my PC via USB, my computer recognizes something being attached.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hold up on D-pad, boot up while continuing to hold up on D pad.

OP
A

agentdss

Reaction score
tried that, no luck. thanks for all the help guys...

sremex

Reaction score
How did you charge your batteries, did you use wall charger or something else?

OP
A

agentdss

Reaction score
Right now it's on a wall charger. I usually charge via computer USB, wall power, or since I use two batteries, I finish one battery and put it on this moto battery slot charger I got from eBay that you put the battery into and charges via USB. I've done this for months with no problem.

sremex

Reaction score
Try leaving it on the charger for awhile. Sometimes if the battery dies. It won't charge any other way but the wall charger.