Status Bar

Tookthebus

Reaction score
I rooted my dx with z4 and intalled darkslide. In my status bar there circle formed by 2 arrows. What is it and how can I or do I want to remove it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1
Assuming you wiped the data and cache before install, its syncing with Google for your contacts, calender, email, and apps....totally normal. :)

I believe that's the 'sync' icon.

DroidForums junkie!!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
... to answer your question, once your phone is done syncing with Google it should go away on it's own.

OP
T

Tookthebus

Reaction score
It has been on for the past 24 hours.

Technoman

Reaction score
That icon is also involved for syncing other stuff such as Facebook, and such. Perhaps you have one of your accounts set to "sync only wifi" and are not currently wifi connected.

OP
T

Tookthebus

Reaction score
I checked my sync wifi only settings,there all turned off.

Technoman

Reaction score
I would do a battery pull if you haven't. Otherwise, a factory data reset sounds in order.

Does your phone do other data type activity fine? Web browser? Do you have 3g signal?

OP
T

Tookthebus

Reaction score
I have a weak 3g and wifi signal. Im visiting relatives in Georgia mountains. Ill see what happens when get into civilization. Should I bootstrapper or factory data reset? Thank you all for the help!!

Technoman

Reaction score
I have a weak 3g and wifi signal. Im visiting relatives in Georgia mountains. Ill see what happens when get into civilization. Should I bootstrapper or factory data reset? Thank you all for the help!!

Did the problem start after you used Z4root to root the phone and was fine prior to that? The question might be better served in the hacks/root section if that is the case.

I am not rooted, but I have had times after a battery pull that the sync icon was on for an extended period of time (from 30 to 60 minutes), but no longer than that.

OP
T

Tookthebus

Reaction score
The problem started after I reinstalled titanium backup

Technoman

Reaction score
Have you de-installed Titanium Backup? Perhaps it also utilizes that icon/task for its purposes.

I would give that a try, and verify the settings for it specifically.

I haven't used it, and have not rooted my DX (I had a Droid 1 prior and it was rooted for quite a while).

OP
T

Tookthebus

Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for there help. I ended up freezing snyc contacts on titanium backup and it cleared the sync icon.

MindArchr

Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can change the notification bar color? I tried using NinjaMorph and modifying the framework-res.apk, which didn't work. I then used NinjaMorph and edited SystemUI.apk and it didn't work either. I prefer the stock Gingerbread color bar. Any tips would be appreciated, I'm still fairly new to this. Thanks.

Edit:
I figured it out and got it working.

Last edited: