Arrows in status bar?????

emscapt47

Reaction score
Ok i did the GB update lastnight and it works great but i noticed the arrows in the status bar. What are they for? Its not syncing...

CD95YJ

Reaction score
the sync icon will stay on when you flash certain ROMs or as it appears in this case when some do the gingerbread update. You will have to go into settings>privacy>factory reset to wipe the data and cache to make them go away. Thats the up side. The down side is it will restore your phone to out of the box settings so you will have to set up all your accounts and redownload all your apps from the market (this should happen automagically) so I suggest doing it while your phone is connected to wifi rather than doing it on 3G.

OP
emscapt47

emscapt47

Reaction score
Wait so i have to wipe out my phone to get rid of the arrows? Iam not rooted or anything...How will it all restore?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Wait so i have to wipe out my phone to get rid of the arrows? Iam not rooted or anything...How will it all restore?

The market apps will redownload automatically (sometimes some get lost) and all your contacts are backed up either by the backup assistant or on the google server through your gmail account. When you set up all your accounts (google, facebook, twitter, ect) they will resync with your phone, but this time when they are done the arrows won't hang around in the status bar.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Anyone? Not sure whats up but my battery life sucks now also...

Tweak you display settings and turn the contrast down, check your battery setttings to see what mode its on and even go as far as check the box to where your phone doesnt sync unless you call for it if its not on wifi.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
thats what I said, a factory reset will get rid of the sync arrows...

But will it re download my info and all? I have alot on my phone that i cant loose and a few txt msgs i cant loose either..

go to the market and download SMS backup and restore (free app) to back up your txt messages, then you can restore them after the reset.

GO SMS pro also has a backup/restore feature and is now free too...

CD95YJ

Reaction score
It just a glitch in the system, it mainly happens when flashing a new rom without a data/cache wipe before or after install so its not too farr fetched to believe that the update could and apparently does have the same flaw.

I'm guessing the factory reset will clear it because thats how its fixed when flashign ROMs...