Sprint & U.S. Cellular Versions of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Get Android 4.4.2 KitKat

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
note-3-kitkat-update-sprint.jpg

The Android 4.4.2 Android KitKat update has begun rolling out to the Sprint and U.S. Cellular versions of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. It's already started hitting some devices and should reach everyone within a week or two with each successive wave/batch. It's a little over 503 megabytes, so you might want to download it over WiFi.

Here are the main changes you should see with this update:

• OS upgrade to 4.4.2 - with all that entails over Jelly Bean
  • Music album art now displayed on lock screen while playing music
  • Camera shortcut now on the lock screen
  • New launcher settings menu added for switching home screens and SMS apps
  • Improved UI and stability/bug fixes
Sound off in the forums if you already received this update and let us know what you think of it.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Awesome news for the Sprint and US Cellular owners!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I know right!?!?! I need wifi calling, so using anything but a tmobile base is out of the question.

I don't necessarily need wifi calling but the signal inside my house is kind of weak. I can go outside (which is annoying) or sit near a window and I'm fine. If I use wifi calling, I have no issue except 90% of the time it doesn't ring for incoming calls.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I don't necessarily need wifi calling but the signal inside my house is kind of weak. I can go outside (which is annoying) or sit near a window and I'm fine. If I use wifi calling, I have no issue except 90% of the time it doesn't ring for incoming calls.

I have a great signal where I live(4 bars lte). But at my parents, i dont have any signal at all(very very very small town.)

delcopa

Reaction score
Verizon always last. So with this update wonder if Google wallet will finally work. I hope so cause I don't even use isis.

swc2001

Reaction score
I am staying away from KitKat on my S4 once it arrives on Verizon as FoxFi will no longer work.
Agreed!! Unless you can root, have Wifi Tether (Foxfi or otherwise) and have safestrap..... I am staying put on 4.3
I mean whats so good about kit kat anyway? Seriously anyone?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agreed!! Unless you can root, have Wifi Tether (Foxfi or otherwise) and have safestrap..... I am staying put on 4.3
I mean whats so good about kit kat anyway? Seriously anyone?
All 4.4 is,is more of a lockdown of your device, the days of rooting are slowly fading, unless you buy a Google " who are becoming control freaks like Apple" phone or nexus device, and from some of the news I have been hearing the Nexus line will also slowly fade into our distant memories.