Android 4.4.2 KitKat Now Rolling Out to Verizon's HTC One

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-one-kitkat-update-pdf.png

HTC One owners on Verizon may be pleased to learn they will soon get the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. The software version 3.11.605.1 is now rolling out in batches and includes Sense 5.5 as well. The rollout will obviously push out in batches so you may have to wait patiently for a few days. It's a 617 MB download do you will probably want to do it over WiFi, unless you have really great 4G LTE in your area.

Here's a link to the VZW .pdf detailing the update: HTC One Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update .pdf

devdeuce

Reaction score
I believe you can manually pull the update

there is no spoon

angelman

Reaction score
Update seems great. The code lock screen looks nicer now if you lock your phone with a passcode.
Icons etc. are tightened up, blink feed is a little improved. I used to never use it, now I have configured apex launcher to launch it on demand.
the gallery ap is hugely improved. Much better photo editing, maybe I missed it before but now there is a custom setting where you can fiddle with hue, exposure, levels etc.
Only slightly strange thing is the notification icons are all now grey scale. I miss having a green/red battery indicator. Still the annoying constant nfc icon that gets displayed.
Changes are subtle (as one would expect now that most google apps at least are available on play). Battery life is supposed to be much improved but I havent had time to test that.
Few small changes in the camera, now you can use your own music and things for zoe which is good. I still wish the camera app (whilst fully featured) was more intuitive to use. Too much pecking around in menus for important items caused me to miss more than a few shots. I still get the video/camera buttons confused and often take videos instead of stills by mistake which is annoying.

htc-one-kitkat-update-pdf.png

HTC One owners on Verizon may be pleased to learn they will soon get the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. The software version 3.11.605.1 is now rolling out in batches and includes Sense 5.5 as well. The rollout will obviously push out in batches so you may have to wait patiently for a few days. It's a 617 MB download do you will probably want to do it over WiFi, unless you have really great 4G LTE in your area.

Here's a link to the VZW .pdf detailing the update: HTC One Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update .pdf