Sprint M9 on Verizon?

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new Verizon M9 and both eBay and Amazon have a fairly limited selection. So, I'm wondering if I could expand my search to phones made for another carrier.

I've done some searching and I haven't been satisfied with what I've found. I've read a few threads from various forums here and there that discuss it but come to no conclusive answers. The bulk of what I've seen talks about Sprint phones being compatible on Verizon. But again, a lot of back and forth and no real consensus on yea or ney.

Can someone help me out? Are they compatible and if so, what has to be done (if anything) to make it work?

Thanks.

OP
RuLEoF2

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
Well, I called Verizon CS for their take on this and of coarse its a very gray question. It basically boiled down to whether or not that specific phone's IMEI number was in their master directory. So, I went on eBay and found two M9s with the IMEI number displayed, one from sprint and the other from AT&T. He checked for both and they came up as "device not found". He said that meant they were not compatible. He said that if either of them came up as "non-Verizon device", it would be compatible to some degree. So, this test result (though only a sample) would suggest that Sprint and AT&T M9s are not compatible with Verizon.

If someone can attest otherwise, please do.

Thanks.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
the question has been asked several times in the xda forums. the response has been it is not compatible. don't know if you are familiar with them but the forum is for android developers and they know their phones. if there was a way around it, they would know.