Sprint and T-Mobile merging

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
If approved, It is going to be called T-mobile. What do you think about this? Is it going to help or hurt competition.

it's finally happening: T-Mobile and Sprint are merging. The two companies have released official statements, confirming the merger will finally happen and how it will work. The merger will be an all-stock transaction, with Sprint valued at $59 billion and T-Mobile at $146 billion. The combined company will be called T-Mobile, and will have "lower costs, greater economies of scale, and the resources to provide U.S. consumers and businesses with lower prices, better quality, unmatched value, and greater competition."
{/quote]

T-Mobile and Sprint officially announce merger

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Competition is a good thing. If they can compete with VZ and AT&T it'll be good for customers of the big two. Now whether or not it's good for Sprint and T-MOBILE customers remains to be seen.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
And the bottom line is (quoted from my news feed):

This is going to take a long, long time

Absolutely nothing is going to change in the short term for T-Mobile and Sprint customers. In a best-case scenario, this deal isn’t expected to close until the middle of next year. If it’s approved, the given timeline for T-Mobile and Sprint to fully combine is between three and four years. That clock starts only after the merger is given the thumbs-up, so things will be business as usual into the 2020s...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk