sportstap

DebDroid

Reaction score
why am I not getting updates in my notification bar?? Everything has a check mark. 2nd quarter and no updates. :mad:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
From what I understand sportstap receives their information second hand.....Always was slow for me...

OP
D

DebDroid

Reaction score
boo!!! it came on finally......but only after they scored.

brock

Reaction score
ST takes forever to update... then i get the update 2-3 times.

Reaction score
i keep it just because google scoreboard always says i have no favorites set...id ditch sportstap in a second if scoreboard actually worked.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sports Tap update for me was awful. Almost an entire period behind for hockey.
Live scores kept up to real time fairly well... but no widget like Sports Tap.

JLB09

Reaction score
why am I not getting updates in my notification bar?? Everything has a check mark. 2nd quarter and no updates. :mad:

I have had this app for awhile now and am extremely disappointed with it. Funny thing when I first installed it, the first week or so it worked great, all the updates for every team I selected. Now I get nothing and none of my settings have changed.

Any suggestions for a similar app that actually works?

pdm0376

Reaction score
I've been wondering the same thing about having a great app that works. My friend has an awesome one on his Blackberry but it's not available to us on the droid. :mad:

acturbo

Reaction score
I havent gotten a football update in a long time. It still shows Jan 9th's games as not yet started. Talk about being a little behind, Id take a period or two behind over 4 days plus lol.

JLB09

Reaction score
One interesting thing I have noticed about Sportstap is that if it is during a game and you should be receiving a notification and you access Sportstap, magically all of a sudden your notifications start coming. Of course that is no way for this to be working efficiently.

acturbo

Reaction score
One interesting thing I have noticed about Sportstap is that if it is during a game and you should be receiving a notification and you access Sportstap, magically all of a sudden your notifications start coming. Of course that is no way for this to be working efficiently.

That doesnt work for me, if I access sportstap from the widget and go into the prog it will give me the up to date score but will not update on the widget. Very odd if you ask me, Im about to uninstall and wait for something better, I can do the same thing through the internet.

brochaos

Reaction score
i gave up on sportstap too. just using live scores and browser for now.

Big Lou

Reaction score
It's not an app, but if you go to ESPN.com/alerts, you can sign up your phone to receive instant text notifications on your favorite teams. They take anwhere from 15 seconds to 1 minute, but generally they are super quick. Also, it's completely free (as long as you have a text plan).