Spider web crack on Droid x

defcon

Reaction score
I dropped my Droid X and cracked the outer glass, the lcd is still working fine. I do not have insurance on it. What would be my best option?

drunkclever

Reaction score
Wouldn't know.. I have never replaced mine

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kevinkar

Reaction score
Suffer through it until your two year contract is up and swap it out for a newer and better phone. Maybe you are part of the customers who still have the "New Every Two" clause in their plan so you should be able to get a new phone at the end of the first 18-24 months. Check your Verizon account on line to see if this applies to you.

Sadly, that's the risk you take by not buying insurance. If the phone still works though, at least it's usable in spite of the cracks.

Steve91T

Reaction score
I dropped my Droid X and cracked the outer glass, the lcd is still working fine. I do not have insurance on it. What would be my best option?

Even if you had the insurance, the deductible is way more than the cost of the screen. $35 or so for the screen, or $115 to have Motorola do it. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm getting ready to order the new glass (called the digitizer). Search on youtube. There are several videos on how to do it. I'm probably going to order the Torx screwdrivers as well.

Steve

BTW, I don't have insurance either.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Is it still under the Moto warranty? Motorola I believe has a warranty for longer than Verizon, I'd look into that.

The screen isn't that difficult to replace you just have to read up and watch some videos.

How long till your upgrade?

And if worst comes to worst, and you can't get a replacement. Just get a screen protector to keep all the glass in... =P

Steve91T

Reaction score
Is it still under the Moto warranty? Motorola I believe has a warranty for longer than Verizon, I'd look into that.

The screen isn't that difficult to replace you just have to read up and watch some videos.

How long till your upgrade?

And if worst comes to worst, and you can't get a replacement. Just get a screen protector to keep all the glass in... =P

They don't cover the glass. For me personally, I'd have to wait a year to be able to upgrade. $35 is worth it.

OP
D

defcon

Reaction score
I still have a over a year left before I'm eligible for a upgrade. Let me know how your installation goes, because I will probably do that. I just don't want to brick a still working phone.

Steve91T

Reaction score
I still have a over a year left before I'm eligible for a upgrade. Let me know how your installation goes, because I will probably do that. I just don't want to brick a still working phone.

I know. I've got to go out of town next week. As much as I'd like to have it replaced before I go, I'm going to wait until I get back and have time to shop for a new phone if I brick this one.

I'll let you know how it goes.
Steve