Speed Tests......Odd Results

Reaction score
First, I apologize if this is mentioned elsewhere but I could not find it. There was a thread over on rootzwiki but my issue got overlooked and I got no answers.

I have run several speed tests over the last few days and I am consistently getting faster upload speeds than download. It is not even close. We are talking three to for times faster up!

So, I am wondering if anyone else had run a speed test with similar results because every post out discussion about speeds shows everyone getting faster down.

Part two of this is, could this be an issue with the phone itself like the radio or whatever? Or is verizon only optimizing download speeds but not upload?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
Jungle King 76
Reaction score
First, I apologize if this is mentioned elsewhere but I could not find it. There was a thread over on rootzwiki but my issue got overlooked and I got no answers.

I have run several speed tests over the last few days and I am consistently getting faster upload speeds than download. It is not even close. We are talking three to four times faster up!

So, I am wondering if anyone else had run a speed test with similar results because every post or discussion about speeds shows everyone getting faster down.

Part two of this is, could this be an issue with the phone itself like the radio or whatever? Or is verizon only optimizing download speeds but not upload?

OP
Jungle King 76
Reaction score
No I am in AZ but I am glad to know I am not the only one. Everyone else either seems to get faster down or about even.

I even wondered if it had something to do with the closest tower. I am in the corner about 15 miles from Mexico do my phone automatically connects to a tower across the border. If I change the server in the speed test options to a tower more than 200 miles away in Phoenix, I get better results.

brandon9559

Reaction score
Same here I was getting twice the upload speeds from the closest tower. I changed it to the second closest and was getting 24 down and 11 up

gtofan350

Reaction score
I've tried running speedtest app on my bionic and I keep getting "Network communication issues". Any idea?