speed dial on Droid 3

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by meribelle, Aug 27, 2011.

1. meribelle

meribelle New Member

I am spoiled by my LG where I just had to push one or two buttons to get someone. As far as I can tell the D3 just has 9 speed dials. I have assigned them to my top 9 people but I need a whole lot more. However, I cannot even figure out how to use the speed dial for the 9 people. Can some one explain it to this senior lady?
  2. rdoute

rdoute New Member

I never could find speed dial either, however you can do what I did and make one home screen a "speed dial" screen. Long press on any blank spot on your home screen, choose shortcuts, than scroll down and choose Direct dial, your list of contacts should then pop up and pick whomever you want, however you must do this one contact at a time. It will create an icon on your home screen, and by pressing on the icon it will call the contact. And just repeat for as many contacts as you would like. Hope this helps!!
  3. meribelle

meribelle New Member

speed dial help

I did it! I put a couple of the people that I call instead of text. You would think Motorola would have gotten a better speed dial system. Thank you so much. Now I will not wreck the car looking for a number.
  4. Uncle700

Uncle700 New Member

Once you assign the speed call button to a contact, you just have to press and hold that number for your phone to make the call. I also you the app "More Icon Widgets" which lets me have up to four icons in the space of one normal size. You can setup direct dial for these slots, which will let you get more on a hone screen.
  5. meribelle

meribelle New Member

Oh...... I was not holding the number down.... I will try that trick. Thank you very much.

mariellen
  6. bdumon

bdumon New Member

Speed dialing on Droid 3

Thank you very much. Motorola's poor excuse for a "User's Guide" is anything but. Can't believe they only provided such an inadequate manual with these phones!
Search tags for this page

droid 3 speed dial

droid 3 speed dial setup
how do you setup speed dial on motorola droid 3
how do ypu set speed dials on motorola droid iii
how to set speed dial on droid 3
how to set up speed dial on droid 3
how to use speed dial on droid verison
motorola milestone 3 speed dial
set speed dial droid 3
set speed dial on droid

speed dial droid 3