Spectrum 2 experience?

drunkclever

Reaction score
I need a phone for my daughter. Was thinking about this one since its really cheap... I think its 1 of few free phones with 2 year contracts. Please share your thoughts. Thank youz

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
D

drunkclever

Reaction score
197 views... 0 replies. Maybe you guys are wondering what I am... which is what the _______ am I doing?

Beamed from my Droid RAZR MAXX

dhungman

Reaction score
197 views... 0 replies. Maybe you guys are wondering what I am... which is what the _______ am I doing?

don't get mad, I am new owner and just got my LG Spectrum 2 for about a week.
I also have Droid Razr Maxx (XT912), I wrote my review based on comparing Spectrum 2 with XT912.
Hope it will help you.

NOTE:
if your daughter want to use for photoshoot, you should consider HTC 8X, Nokia 928, HTC DNA and Droid M/HD.
If you daughter want to use it for text, browsing, music etc. Spectrum 2 is good for these.
About Battery, it is about average (of cause less than Droid Razr Maxx). The brightness of the screen drain the batter most. I can browse for about 6-8 hrs with WIFI
Also, you can always get car charger and extra battery.

Here are the Pro and Con
Pro:
1. large screen
2. very bright (vs XT912)
3. IE has seperate Brightness settings
4. Allow to set max Brightness range
5. Removable battery
6. Micro SD slot
7. Fast processor
8. very loud speaker
9. has GSM, and can be used on T-mobile and AT&T

Con
1. small camera sensor, e.g. low light condition is not good (vs XT912)
2. Auto brightness is not working properly
3. Although it has 1GB RAM, however, system holds a lot of memory like 350 MB, only 644MB available, therefore, after open several apps, the memory may running low and cause freeze. (my XT912 also has 1 GB RAM, but 8xx MB is available)
NOTE: I notice a lot of the reviews mentioned, slow/freeze when using LG Spectrum 2, this may be the problem. When it happens, try closing the apps, it may help.
4. Although the phone is bright (very bright), the vertical view angle is very narrow, and horizantal view angle is ok.
5. (may be just my device) when reading text, the screen is not as comfortable as my XT912.
I don't know how to describe it.
On my XT912, if you are look at black letters with white paper background, it looks like the letters are on white paper.
However, on Spectrum 2, i feel the black letters and white paper background has some distance in between (fell like looking the screen at a degree angle).

Last edited:
OP
D

drunkclever

Reaction score
Thanks for your time. I went with the RAZR m... it cost me only 40... coming with all the fixing. I think we might return it and try a phone with a better camera. She said told me though,"don't get me a freaking iPhone"...

So we'll see.

dhungman

Reaction score
Thanks for your time. I went with the RAZR m... it cost me only 40... coming with all the fixing. I think we might return it and try a phone with a better camera. She said told me though,"don't get me a freaking iPhone"...

So we'll see.

Wow, my friend just told me, he just brought iphone5 for his daughter, because she only wants iphone

For under $50, try nokia 928,htc DNA, 8X

Nokia and htc both have great camera
By the way, just come back from bestbuy, they are having promotion, Htc DNA FOR FREE, with 2 year contract

micrors4

Reaction score
I also have a Nokia 822 for work and the camera on it is quite good and I would imagine the 928 is even better as most Nokias are. I have no complaints on the Spectrum 2's camera but the low light performance of the Nokia is far better. Good to hear she doesn't want an Iphone though.