Sony Xperia Z1 Faces Off Against Concrete in Drop Tests

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;SvChRTJWDbk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SvChRTJWDbk[/video]​

Sometimes human beings are just as fascinated by wanton destruction as they are successful creation. Case in point: drop-test videos! Our friends at AndroidAuthority created an entertaining and informative video of a face-off between the Sony Xperia Z1 and... the ground. The Sony Xperia Z1 sports a metal chassis and two uninterrupted slabs of chemically strengthened Dragontrail glass.

Can it stand up to a direct clash with concrete? Watch the video to see!

Source: AndroidAuthority

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Ugh it's hard to watch drop tests. It makes me and my inner nerd cringe!

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
A shame that the rest of the package doesn't live up to the hype. This should have been the phone of the year just about and it seems to have fallen short in many areas. There's also that the phone is now dead to rights after the drops, something that's never gone down with my D2.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
(wipe's his eyes of the tears)...Wow. That's a terrible disappointment. Those drops shouldn't result in failure like that. It seems that even though the glass face is "shatter-proof", but the screen behind took the brunt of the punishment and appears to be the point of failure.