Sony Ericsson Hoping For A better Year

Discussion in 'Android News' started by WenWM, Jan 13, 2011.

1. WenWM

WenWM Premium Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Sony Ericsson had a pretty poor last year; selling very few phones, moving down the ranks, and only having 1 device (that’s incredibly out of date) out in the market. This year they expect to do better in sales and customer satisfaction. They said in their interview with Pocket-Lint that they learned a lot from this past year, and they intend to make it a better year with what they learned. This year they expect to sell a lot of devices, and hopefully after releasing the Xperia Arc and the Xperia Play soon, they will see greater success.

What do you think of Sony Ericsson being the comeback kid of 2011 like LG is working toward? Do you think we have room for them, with Samsung and HTC running the streets? Share your thoughts below.

Source (Sony Ericsson: 2010 Wasn’t the Best For Us, 2011 Will be Better | Android Phone Fans)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2011
  2. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel New Member

I think no matter how nice their phone looks, I wouldn't buy one. The kind of support they've given their devices is just inexcusable.
  3. creaky

creaky Member

We'll have to see what SE releases before and comeback can be considered -- personally I'm skeptical.

I don't who is responsible, but LG could have made a much bigger comeback if the Revolution was dual core. Bad move, perhaps VZW had a deal with Moto to make the Bionic the first dual core on their network.
  4. Inkarnit

Inkarnit New Member

Samsung and HTC running the streets? I thought the new Motorola products, the Atrix, Bionic, and Xoom were fit to put Moto on top of the Android pile.
  5. azules9780

azules9780 New Member

They will compete or drift off into obscurity. I definitely wouldn't count them out yet though. Motorola had a rough time before the Droid hit and now look at them. Also, SE has a huge world presence where they do very well and that means they also have the finances to re-invent themselves in the US market.
  6. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 New Member

What a terrible partnership this was.
  7. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

they've got an uphill climb. Moto, HTC and Samsung have solidified themselves as Android contenders...