Software update

mkenney

Reaction score
Was pushed an update today. What was it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spider10382

Reaction score
Same here just got an update. Anyone have any info on what was in it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Great news! As of today, Motorola - the Evil Empire - attempted to push an OTA update to my rooted Droid X, and I am happy to report that the presence of CWRecovery blocked the installation of their malicious update. I'm so happy that I don't know what to do, since, while I KNEW that SPRecovery would block the update, I wasn't sure that CWRecovery would have the same effect. Happily, it did!

Now I don't have to worry that Motorola will be able to un-root my Droid X, and wreak further havoc on the phone that *I* paid for and took the time and spent the effort to root! :yeahbaby01:

-Mike

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
The persistence of Evil: That OTA update which CWRecovery blocked, refuses to take no for an answer, and has twice in the last *2 hours* attempted to install itself. Fortunately, CWR keeps blocking it. Hopefully it will, like the one that one that Motorola pumped out last summer, give up now and go away and quit threatening my phone.

-Mike

MrKleen

Reaction score
Great news! As of today, Motorola - the Evil Empire - attempted to push an OTA update to my rooted Droid X, and I am happy to report that the presence of CWRecovery blocked the installation of their malicious update. I'm so happy that I don't know what to do, since, while I KNEW that SPRecovery would block the update, I wasn't sure that CWRecovery would have the same effect. Happily, it did!

Now I don't have to worry that Motorola will be able to un-root my Droid X, and wreak further havoc on the phone that *I* paid for and took the time and spent the effort to root! :yeahbaby01:

-Mike

Lol... yes who would want to take all of 2 minutes to re root your phone. :)

Strange that you guys are just now getting this update since I thought it came out several weeks ago.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

-Mike

Lol... yes who would want to take all of 2 minutes to re root your phone. :)

Strange that you guys are just now getting this update since I thought it came out several weeks ago.

I think the delivery was tied in with the internal number of the phone - I cant remember the exact name for it, Min number, or something. But regardless, I don't want *any* of the OTA updates, preferring to get my new features from custom roms, made by people I trust.

-Mike