Software update, phone purges all data?

Voodoo Rufus

Reaction score
I did the latest update a few days ago, and everything seemed fine. This morning, my phone was working normally, and part way through the day after not using it at all, I go to the main screen and it's asking me for my preferred language. All profiles and apps are gone! Thankfully I retrieved my backed up contacts, but otherwise what the heck is going on?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't think it was the update. But possibly something else somehow did a factory reset. Not normally all that easy but it can be done with hardware buttons. Hope you didn't have a lot of other stuff there.

OP
V

Voodoo Rufus

Reaction score
How can that be done with the hardware buttons? There's only the power and volume controls.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
The power button and volume controls is usually the way to do it, sometimes with volume - and the power button at the same time but it usually requires, (at least), 2 additional key presses, one to select wipe and the other to initiate it and some require confirmation. I'm not saying that's what happened as it isn't all that simple, but if it was running even for an hour after the update that probably wasn't it.