So many apps always open

Reaction score
when i run the task killer after a while there are like 20 apps open, when i have only used about 3 of them in the last 10 minutes. some of the apps are, gmail, facebook, email, calenders, media gallery and many more. this is my first android device so im not sure what to do, is there anything i can do to stop them from opening all time

pajo

Reaction score
when i run the task killer after a while there are like 20 apps open, when i have only used about 3 of them in the last 10 minutes. some of the apps are, gmail, facebook, email, calenders, media gallery and many more. this is my first android device so im not sure what to do, is there anything i can do to stop them from opening all time
don't worry for that...this is normal for android system
all these apps are in background(and idle), so they don't consume or processor power....and when you decide to call them back - then they become active

and believe me, there is no need for task killer on android system

moncho8406

Reaction score
don't worry for that...this is normal for android system
all these apps are in background(and idle), so they don't consume or processor power....and when you decide to call them back - then they become active

and believe me, there is no need for task killer on android system[/QUOT

But if task killer isn't really needed then how can we free up memory to prevent the phone from getting slow?

DarkOne951

Reaction score
Android automatically kills applications that are in the background when memory becomes low. You do not need to alter the process. Your phone will run well if you leave it be.

scoder

Reaction score
Android automatically kills applications that are in the background when memory becomes low. You do not need to alter the process. Your phone will run well if you leave it be.

I used to swear by task killers. 15-20 times a day I would kill my apps. I read a bunch of posts saying that it's unneeded so I said I'd go a week without a task killer on my Droid. That was a month ago and I haven't gone back. I've noticed better battery life (when you kill apps, the system has to use even more resources to start up those processes again, in turn stealing battery life) and no decrease in speed. Down with ATK!