So, I made a mistake...

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
I was an idiot and accidentally deleted google talk from my droid x. I searched about this but couldnt find a solution to my problem.

Long story short, my market is down and Im trying to get talk back on my phone. I have the actual file on my phone, but no way to read it(I didnt have any type of file manager on my phone before this all happened).

Is there any way I can get a file manager without the market, or view the file without a file manager?

My phone isnt rooted. Thanks for the help.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Why is your market down??

I was an idiot and accidentally deleted google talk from my droid x. I searched about this but couldnt find a solution to my problem.

Long story short, my market is down and Im trying to get talk back on my phone. I have the actual file on my phone, but no way to read it(I didnt have any type of file manager on my phone before this all happened).

Is there any way I can get a file manager without the market, or view the file without a file manager?

My phone isnt rooted. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
funwheeldrive

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
Apparently you need Google Talk or else you cant download things from the market. Thats what Ive heard anyways.

And it seems like thats the case for me, ever since around that time I havent been able to download any apps or updates.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmm...haven't heard of that one yet! I believe I've even deleted it before and it ran fine. I'll see if I can dig up the .apk

Apparently you need Google Talk or else you cant download things from the market. Thats what Ive heard anyways.

And it seems like thats the case for me, ever since around that time I havent been able to download any apps or updates.

OP
funwheeldrive

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
I have the .apk for talk on my phone, I downloaded through the computer and put it on my sd card.

I have no way to read the file however. At least, I dont think I do. Is there any way I can activate it without having a file manager like Astro?

OP
funwheeldrive

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
Im an idiot, it just appeared on my app list after rebooting. I guess the file download worked. I hope my app market will work now.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Don't be so hard on yourself man! Making mistakes is the best way to learn.

Im an idiot, it just appeared on my app list after rebooting. I guess the file download worked. I hope my app market will work now.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya it happens to the best of us. As for the market, it could be down for an unrelated reason. Have you tried clearing market data/cache?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was JUST thinking about that!

Ya it happens to the best of us. As for the market, it could be down for an unrelated reason. Have you tried clearing market data/cache?

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I'll just jump in here and give my two cents worth. Yep, you have to have google talk in order to get downloads from the market, per the market.

I bought Root Explorer about 6 weeks ago and have been trying to download it ever since. I went on the market and sent an email to the maker about my problem. They sent me a zipped copy of the program.
Yesterday I was gona post a thread to see if I am the only one who can not get it from the market, but I figured I should actually try contacting the market first. Sure enough you can send in a problem report, so I did.

They sent me an email back with troubleshooting tips which included logging off of talk and then re logging on and see if that would solve the problem. It did not.

I replied back to that message this AM and have not heard from them yet.

I get all my downloads and updates with no problem from the market, except for Root Explorer.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just deleted talk and downloaded a few apps from the marketplace no problem.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I knew I had done that before too!

I just deleted talk and downloaded a few apps from the marketplace no problem.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The only problem is the apk wouldn't reinstall so I had to reflash my rom lol.