so have my screen is tripin out!

modestokid209

Reaction score
So idk if anyone else has this problem, but from time to time half of my screen starts flickering blue. Only does it wvery once in a while. Wanted to know if theres a fix to this problem or even if anyone else has this same problem? Thanks

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
So idk if anyone else has this problem, but from time to time half of my screen starts flickering blue. Only does it wvery once in a while. Wanted to know if theres a fix to this problem or even if anyone else has this same problem? Thanks
I've never had that problem and don't recall anyone else reporting a similar problem, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been discussed previously. If you have a 3rd party launcher (LauncherPro, ADW or GoLauncher etc) installed that might be causing an issue although I doubt it. The problem could also be caused by a different 3rd Party app/widget. To find out if it is indeed the launcher or app/widget, boot into Safe Mode and run the phone in Safe Mode for awhile and see if the problem persist. Or, you could do a Factory Reset to see if that clears the problem up. I'd try Safe Mode first...then Factory Reset (Factory Reset will remove all your downloaded apps). If after trying both the above and you still experience the problem I'd make a trip to my local Verizon store.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Agreed, boot into safe mode, if it still happens its hardware, get the phone replaced.

If it stops doing it, re-add your apps one at a time, and see which one causes the issue, then report it to the developer.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!

OP
M

modestokid209

Reaction score
Ya im thinkn its a software problem. Now when i try to watch videos online the videos look all choppy like all pixely. And than turns the fone off. I havent installed anything that has a virus. I even have a virus scanner. So ima call verizon today.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
modestokid209 said:
Ya im thinkn its a software problem. Now when i try to watch videos online the videos look all choppy like all pixely. And than turns the fone off. I havent installed anything that has a virus. I even have a virus scanner. So ima call verizon today.

Do you have a video player installed? I had mx installed once and it did this, but I deleted it and reinstalled it, then it worked fine.

OP
M

modestokid209

Reaction score
Nope. No video player or anything like that. Using all stock everything. Im calling verizon right now

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
modestokid209 said:
Nope. No video player or anything like that. Using all stock everything. Im calling verizon right now

They will ask you to do a factory reset, and then they will send you a CLNR. unless your within your 14 days.

OP
M

modestokid209

Reaction score
Id have to do a factory reset? Will i loose all my videos and **** on my fone?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
modestokid209 said:
Id have to do a factory reset? Will i loose all my videos and **** on my fone?

Not necessarily. You can use vzw's Backup assistant for media, and it will all be there, it charges after a certain amount. Or download Google drive, that's free on the market.

Also, move you vids and pics to your SD card. Then you won't lose em.

They may not ask you to do a factory reset. But since FDR's cure almost all software issues, that's usually what happens. IMHO

OP
M

modestokid209

Reaction score
Ya i did a factory reset and still havin problems. So ima have them send me a new fone(i no its now.new) but gettn.tired of these problems

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
modestokid209 said:
Ya i did a factory reset and still havin problems. So ima have them send me a new fone(i no its now.new) but gettn.tired of these problems

I hear ya. Sorry it turned out to be hardware related. I hope you get a great CLNR, and some CLNR devices are new, they were just returned by someone within the 14 day grace period. :)

OP
M

modestokid209

Reaction score
That would b nice if i got one of those and they could send me a new screen protector? Lol

mza929

Reaction score
sooo. yeah... im having this problem too. and it came out of no where...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Just seeing this now, but I would have pointed to hardware immediately. The screens are typically run by a pair of controllers and each is devoted to half the screen. The possible failures can be a loose screen cable, cracked cable, bad (cold), solder connection on one or more pins of one of the video controllers, etc. Glad to hear they're replacing it.