SMS to phone from my PC

bawldiggle

Reaction score
How can I create an SMS message (a program) on my PC and send it to the recipient via my phone?
The virtual keyboard on my phone is too small for these old eyes.

Maybe a keyboard connected to my S2 phone (USB or WiFi) -- Bluetooth occasionally sabotages WiFi (confirmed by Samsung tech)

Would appreciate any help :)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Give AirDroid a shot.

Another good app I think was called MightyText?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I use Mighty Text and it is a great app...

wcjeep

Reaction score
Does the S2 have Kies Software from Samsung? My S3 came from the factory this way. Connect both to the same WiFi network. Activate Kies. You can respond to text from the computer. Transfer data to/from the phone.

OP
bawldiggle

bawldiggle

Reaction score
wcjeep said:
I am considering KIESS (on my PC) to manage photos from my S2-4G to PC -- but concerned at several negative comments about KIESS in forums and blogs.
Instability .. bricked phones. I am aware that mostly bad experiences are reported
Our local phone-store phone-guru admitted that KIESS "had" a bad name but now it has all-of/most-of :blink: the bugs ironed out ?

My phone has an application "Kies Air" ... is that KIESS ?

Sound like you are happy with KIESS ?
Would I install it on both my Win7 (32bit) laptop and an app on my S2 G4 phone ? Or is my S2 born KIESS friendly?
If KIESS will ... manage photos from phone to PC ... PC to phone + allow me to send SMS from the PC ... KIESS sounds a possibility.

dezymond said:

Unfortunately a week ago today I tried "Airdroid" (to download photos to my PC). My PC downloaded the photos OK, then phone locked up, ie, no connection to the phone network. I cannot state categorically that Airdroid was the problem, but I was only transferring image files from the phone to PC. It took 3 days to sort out the cause (still unknown) -- but I missed an SMS about the birth of my granddaughter last Monday. My son rang me today Friday wondering if I got the photo. I felt awful at his disappointment
Airdroid is no longer developed by its author (according to his own blog). So I am reluctant to go down the Airdroid path again.

smalltowngirl13 said:
Am about to investigate MyText to night. So far the "MyText" site looks promising.

I will trial KIESS and "MyText" over the weekend ... and report back here

Thanks to all -- I do appreciate your generosity of spirit. :biggrin:

comk4ver

Reaction score
What about desksms? From koush he does great work paid app FYI

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

wcjeep

Reaction score
I use Kies that came bundled on my SG3. I have no idea if it came with the SG2. If it was bundled on your SG2 then give it a try.

Wifi On. Make sure PC and phone are on the same router. Turn Kies On. It will probably give a few options. Your looking for "Kies to PC", or something similar to that. Kies will then have you open the PC Browser and manually type in an address. Address will be similar to "192.168.0.1:8080". Your phone will tell you the exact IP. The Kies on the phone will then give you a Pin to input on the PC. When fully connected you should see everything on your phone. I manage my pictures through Dropbox. However, one could use Kies to accomplish this. When using Kies, I normally place my phone on the charger. If you close the PC browser, it might be necessary to enter a new pin to reconnect with the phone.

OP
bawldiggle

bawldiggle

Reaction score
wcjeep said:
KIESS (Kies Air)

Bingo!
Excellent app best of all suggestions. So easy to setup and very simple to use after the initial setup ... :biggrin:

Question:-
KIESS window identifies the phone by its model number "GT-I19210T".
Can I rename the phone because we have two identical phones. ?
If so how would I do that?

Thank you "wcjeep" :hail:

Once I have played with KIESS I will report back here on ...
• How I installed it
• How I open and stop KIESS
• Any problems and solutions
• What I have learnt about other apps -- to help others make an appropriate choice for their needs​

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Google voice has been doing this before anyone else.

OP
bawldiggle

bawldiggle

Reaction score
Hi "Mustang02" :)

I am not suggesting that KIESS is for every phone.
KIESS is a Samsung app on my Samsung phone.
I have been researching KIESS for 8 weeks and I read a lot of negative comments -- but all those neg comments were 1 and 2 years old.
One independant guru told me KIESS was a problem in the past.
So jumping in has been a "risk" -- only time will tell.

I have tried three other file manager apps but they all fell short -- or were too complex to use -- or were web based (and as slow as a wet week) -- or are no longer supported (DeskSMS) -- or were unstable.

KIESS setup has been the easiest compared to three other folder/file management apps I trialed.
And once setup it does not require a "list" of taps, swipes, kisses, massaging, smooching, rebooting etc to enact KIESS on the PC.
Data exchange is immediate and sending SMS from PC is instant. The others I tried were not reliable enough, I cannot afford random success and failures.

With 6 employees they all have the same "Galaxy_S2_4G" phones so I wanted something that would serve all, and not have to reinvent the wheel for each employee-phone.

As I said earlier, only time will tell, -- I will report back here with all experiences good and bad.