USB Connection unexpectedly drops out

bawldiggle

Reaction score
So far I have been using Kies for Win7 PC (and KIesAir on my phone) to access my phone via my PC using WiFi.

Kies requires Java to download multiple photos.
Considering the security risk of Java on a PC I dabbled with a USB connection, and after several tries finally got my phone and PC connected and copied the multiple photos through Windows Explorer. ( frustrating exercise)

At my first attempt there were popup messages on my PC to insert a disc into the already USB connected phone. After a while of restarts and persistence I finally made a USB connection and copied a lot of photos from phone to PC. :D

But now the USB connection keeps dropping out. Windows Explorer no longer lists the phone
And trying to reconnect requires starting all over again.

Various web help pages all mention Android drivers, and one web site stated Win7 would auto look for an Android drive. I can only assume Win7 has done that (maybe)

Kies is good for sending SMS using my PC but multiple photo transfers require Java so I am trying to use a USB connection.
- it works, but the connection is very unstable
Q1: Does phones sleep mode disconnect USB connectivity ?
Q2: Should I install a third party Android driver on my PC, and if so, which one ?

Thank you :)

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
No easy answers as USB connectivity on any given PC can be a problem that is difficult to solve. You can try a different port (or 2 or 3). My suggestion is that you look at AirDroid from the Play Store.

OP
bawldiggle

bawldiggle

Reaction score
Thanks leeshor :)

Q1: Is AirDroid for my phone or the PC ?
Q2: Would a third party Andorid driver on my Win7 PC help ?