SMS Text Messaging App

Meg33

Reaction score
Hi! I am sure this post have been done a million times, but I'm about to do it again! I got my Droid back around December -- actually, I got it the day it was released dancedroid and I haven't been able to take advantage of all of it's amazing features. My question right now is what text messaging app is the best for this phone? I recently downloaded the Handcent and the Chomp, but I guess I didn't give it enough time, because I uninstalled them both. Anyway, which is your favorite and why?

*On a side note, are there any other apps that are a must have for the Motorola Droid {service by Verizon}?*

Thanks for all of your help!
Megan :)

Reaction score
I use Handcent myself, it works great and is very customizable

My Droid Does Tapatalk...

Ditto here. Handcent is best.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Droid_3.0

Reaction score
I used both and uninstalled both of them and just when with Sms popup where i get my sms to come right to me

kanyon40

Reaction score
I have been using Handcent, as has my wife and brother. It took a little fiddling with the settings to find the way I like it. But now I love it.

OP
Meg33

Meg33

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! It seems like Handcent is what everyone likes. I should probably give it another try. In my market app where I can download new apps, there are about 6 Handcent apps. 1 being the actual app and the other 5 being I'm not sure what. Have you all experienced this? Thanks!

OP
Meg33

Meg33

Reaction score
How do you check your battery usage? I've also read that Handcent doesn't do well with MMS messages. Is this true?

OP
Meg33

Meg33

Reaction score
I decided to download the Handcent app and I like it so far. My only complaint is that the LED light doesn't flash. Does anybody know how to make your LED light flash on the handcent like it did on the stock app? I have it set (I think) to flash and it's not.

kanyon40

Reaction score
Settings>Notification Settings>Notification Settings> then check Blink LED and LED Flash Frequency can be adjusted.

If you have tried those things, then you could always try to uninstall/reinstall it or a simple battery pull type thing.

As for the other Handcent apps listed, I have been wondering about them as well. Don't know what they are either.

Don't know if I helped at all, but figured I'd give it a shot. dancedroid

kanyon40

Reaction score
Sorry, also change the default "blinkg setting" from default to fast or something else. The default doesn't appear to blink.

divalibra

Reaction score
The other handcent apps are just different font types. once you install the app..you can go into the handcent setting and change the font of your incoming and outgoing messages