sms breaking up and out of order

smh058

Reaction score
i recently purchased a droid 2 global.. i've been having a few issues with it.. the most notable on is with my text messages.. if someone sends me a messages over the 160 character limit, my phone breaks it up into separate messages and i receive them out of order.. when i send them it does not do this.. my husband just got the droid x and his phone does not break them up (it is just received as the whole long text message).. when i took the phone into the verizon store to ask about this, the saleswoman (who has the droid 2) also did NOT have this problem.. she's telling me i probably need to do a hard reset, but i will lose all text messages.. i would rather not do that if someone knows a way to fix it.. i've googled and searched through the phones settings and i'm just coming up blank.. please help!!

i know this is for introductions but apparently this just isn't my technology day bc i can't find how else to post a new thread somewhere more appropriate and i'm just annoyed.. i am new to the droid family and thusfar not impressed.. hope that changes..

rage813

Reaction score
Are the text messages sent by someone who also has Verizon because if not they will break up if sent by a different carrier

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
S

smh058

Reaction score
yes its happened with three different ppl who all have Verizon phones- & specifically all have droids..

rage813

Reaction score
O I have no idea that's wierd

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App