Smileys

soulripp

Reaction score
How do you get more of these for text messaging

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jimmydene84

Reaction score
install handcent sms from the market, much better that the stock messaging app anyways :) then install the "emoji plugin" for handcent. much more options....hope thats what ur lookin for

it will only work for u and the other person if its android to android and they have the plugin installed, or its ur phone to an iphone

Last edited:

RealBW

Reaction score
Handcent looks great, BUT. It uses custom symbols, and you can't understand them without the app. At least with the standards, they make sense. I just wish Android would conform to the rest of the industry on this one. I can live with the robot, I just want the symbols to show when I get messages from friends on other phones. :mad:

eBuddy XMS has some advantages (like international texting), but the down side is that it doesn't text to anyone outside its own system. :icon_eek:

iLLy1019

Reaction score
anyone know why our stock smileys do not appear correctly on iphone's? my wife only gets text rather than the actual smiley face? also anyone know how to expand our smileys or add?

jimmythegent

Reaction score
anyone know why our stock smileys do not appear correctly on iphone's? my wife only gets text rather than the actual smiley face? also anyone know how to expand our smileys or add?

You know I never asked my wife, she has the iPhone5, I get her smileys and other stuff, never asked if she got mine. I will ask. Probably not though, if you have the same issue.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
lol, thanks. yes they were. i ended up downloading handcent, that appears to work.

Ok, cool, man, that avatar brought me back... back to the days, video games were actually fun, there are some good games now, but outside of COD and shoot em ups... not much to offer... sad. They dont get it, its seems, we had 8 bit graphics and could play for hours and hours... now we have to pay 60 bucks for a game that sucks after 3 hours and then you have to pay more money to "upgrade" online on some games...

And now PS4? XBOX720? When will they realize that the proofs in the pudding that its just the fun factor not the wow factor that we want.... ANGRY BIRDS. case closed.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Haha time to really hijack the thread.

I completely agree with most of what you said. However I am a RPG gamer and although some of the original 8 bit games were great you can't get the experience you can now on an 8 bit system. Sure I play some COD, but give me fable 2 or the witcher or even Mass Effect 1-3. Sure some of the games out now are filler and all flash but if you dig deep there are amazing games out. The 720 and the 4 will add to that.

Edit: Ocarina Of Time ftw by the way. :)

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Haha time to really hijack the thread.

I completely agree with most of what you said. However I am a RPG gamer and although some of the original 8 bit games were great you can't get the experience you can now on an 8 bit system. Sure I play some COD, but give me fable 2 or the witcher or even Mass Effect 1-3. Sure some of the games out now are filler and all flash but if you dig deep there are amazing games out. The 720 and the 4 will add to that.

Edit: Ocarina Of Time ftw by the way. :)

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Ocarina Of Time.... I LOVED that game! Most did, it was one of the only ones with great graphics that was actually enjoyable.

jimmythegent

Reaction score

Back to the original question, NO, if I send a smiley to my wifes iPhone5, it just shows the characters.... FAIL.