Smile Swype

n0m0n

Reaction score
Since Swype comes with the X has anyone figured out how to change the smiley face key to a enter key?

I haven't figured out how to change it to a enter key when I need to move down or start a new sentence or paragraph.

Thanks

mslinda70

Reaction score
Since Swype comes with the X has anyone figured out how to change the smiley face key to a enter key?

I haven't figured out how to change it to a enter key when I need to move down or start a new sentence or paragraph.

Thanks

how do u activate the swpye feature

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score

Thanks

how do u activate the swpye feature

In a input box press and long hold till it says input method.
Choose Swype.

Make sure you go into Settings | Language & Keyboard and choose Swype (say ok to the warning) and then follow the above.

kkwan77

Reaction score

Thanks

When you figure it out let me know, I don't see an option for this when I'm swyping a text.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
what smiley button? I only use swype on my DX and I've never seen a smiley button. Here is my keyboard:
CAP201007300942.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kkwan77

Reaction score
Yes, I have that when I text in the 'To:' box, however once I go into the body of the text it goes to a smiley face.

unknowndroid

Reaction score
Swype is application dependent. If you are in SMS, you will get smiley, if you are in email you will get Return key.

The reason is pretty simple, SMS messages were developed to be short, quick messages. The are typically written in one sentence, or not even a whole sentence. Paragraphs aren't used that much in SMS.

It's sort of similar to when people ask why they can't have more than 1160 characters for an SMS....because it's SMS (Short Message Service). If you need more than 160 characters, send an email. Same with this, I guess. They figure if you need a bunch of paragraphs, it should be an email, not an SMS.

unknowndroid

Reaction score
Also, the stock and Swype keyboards both appear to treat Handcent as a "non-SMS" app. So, if you want the return key with Swype or default keyboard in SMS, you can install Handcent (it's free). I actually prefer Handcent to the stock messaging app.