Smart Actions/Motocast

Reaction score
How do you work Smart Actions what does it do??? Help please!

Motocast.....when i plug RAZR into computer to download MTC computer doesnt recognize RAZR....how else can i get MTC on my computer

bamacooner

Reaction score
You could download it directly from Motorola website to your PC.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

willmiii

Reaction score
Smart actions allow certain actions to take place when you set it up. They have a list of examples that you can create from. For example I have it set so every night at 10pm once I plug my phone into the charger it automatically triggers my phone to go into silent and turn off GPS. Its a great feature but you have to play around with it to get the jist.

jtpowell

Reaction score
I'm loving the Smart Actions. I have ones setup for Work and Home to turn off the 3G/4G when it can get on the Wifi in those places. I'm also using the battery saver for overnight.

willmiii

Reaction score
I'm loving the Smart Actions. I have ones setup for Work and Home to turn off the 3G/4G when it can get on the Wifi in those places. I'm also using the battery saver for overnight.

How do I set it to turn off 3g 4g data? I was looking at triggers and the only one that made sense was cellular data, but that sounded like it would cut off my text and emails as well so wasn't sure if that was the appropriate choice.

jtpowell

Reaction score
Cellular Data is the one you want. That shouldn't cut off your text or emails. I still got my text and emails. The cellular radio is still on at 1x so you'll get text. When I'm on the work hotspot

Ringer on vibrate
GPS off
Display Timeout 2min
Cellular Data Disabled

Trash Can

Reaction score
How do I set it to turn off 3g 4g data? I was looking at triggers and the only one that made sense was cellular data, but that sounded like it would cut off my text and emails as well so wasn't sure if that was the appropriate choice.

Cellular Data is the one you want. That shouldn't cut off your text or emails. I still got my text and emails. The cellular radio is still on at 1x so you'll get text. When I'm on the work hotspot

Ringer on vibrate
GPS off
Display Timeout 2min
Cellular Data Disabled

With cellular data disabled, SMS messages come through normally, but you will not be able to send or receive MMS messages.

willmiii

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Going to add that trigger now.

willmiii

Reaction score
Update: even with cellular trigger set to disable it still allows for messages to be sent and received.

CharlieJ

Reaction score
Update: even with cellular trigger set to disable it still allows for messages to be sent and received.

Yes, SMS messages can be sent & rec'd. However, Cell Data is required for MMS messages, from everything I'm reading. If you don't get a lot of those or if they can wait til after work, leave the trigger on and work -- and pick up those lovely pics of the kids or your FB friends once you leave work and turn Cell Data back on.

jtpowell

Reaction score
Ok, Backup Assistant + does not work without cellular data. It requires a Verizon connection and will not work over wifi.