small bump on the back/battery

djspy

Reaction score
I noticed a small bump in the back of the phone starting where the Verizon and 4G LTE logos are. If I slide down my finger top to bottom I can notice a slight bump starting there. Is this normal?

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I noticed a small bump in the back of the phone starting where the Verizon and 4G LTE logos are. If I slide down my finger top to bottom I can notice a slight bump starting there. Is this normal?

Nothing out of the ordinary. Since the back of this phone isn't the typical hard plastic cover, but is instead a very thin sheet of woven Kevlar, I think what you are feeling is the bottom of the battery, the bottom of the Stainless Steel interior frame, and the space just below the battery that houses the battery terminals, noise-cancelling microphone, vibrator motor (silver item on the lower right - has the motor in the middle and two offset weights, one on either end of the motor axle), among other things through the Kevlar. Go here Motorola Droid RAZR Teardown - iFixit, and look at pictures 6, 7, & 8 to see what is just behind the Kevlar on the back of the phone. This should put your fears to rest. ;)

Last edited:
OP
djspy

djspy

Reaction score
I do feel at ease, thanks man! I love this phone and was worried it was the battery dying on me. One of my batteries on my Droid 1 died and it inflated as a result.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I do feel at ease, thanks man! I love this phone and was worried it was the battery dying on me. One of my batteries on my Droid 1 died and it inflated as a result.

No problem, once bitten, twice shy. I get it. You have no worries! :biggrin: