Slow GPS Lock

nedry

Reaction score
Just got a refurbished D2G, the Nav app takes a long time to long on > 10min sometimes. Anyone else having this issue? Called VZW up they claim that google pushed out an update which breaks Nav. I called BS, then he tried to blame it on the hurricane.

I have been through 4 of these phones, all with different annoying problems, Getting tired of it.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Enable Assisted GPS. Make sure that mobile data or wifi is enabled when you start anything that works with GPS.

OP
N

nedry

Reaction score
Enable Assisted GPS. Make sure that mobile data or wifi is enabled when you start anything that works with GPS.

Check and Check, like I said it works after about 10mins or so. Just wondering if this is really a "Google" problem or if I should scream harder at Verizon for another replacement.

captain howdy

Reaction score
I have the same problem. The only way I found to speed it up is to open the map 1st wait for it to lock on then open the navigator.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Taco

Reaction score
Nav is broken. All of my friends on vzw here in ny can't use nav and mine cuts in and out. Friends with sprint work though.

I called tech support and they said its being looked into.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Download "GPS Test" from the market.
Reboot phone
Run GPS Test (Outside) This should lock on to satellites quickly.
While in "GPS Test" app clear the "AGPS"
Run Maps.

Should be good to go after that. I run GPS Test prior to opening Maps, for some reason Maps is ridiculously slow to lock on to satellites lately. Since the update, which i un-installed. GPS test has located and locked on extremely quickly for my Charge. Hopefully they fix this soon. Hope this helps.

Last edited: