Siri vs andoid voice search

darkmatter

Reaction score
Does apples siri bring anything to the table other than what Android has enjoyed all along?

Im just trying to figure out what the iphone4s is bringing to the table aside from the, admittedly good, processor.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
siri is alot more advanced then anything that currently exists on android. you can speak normal and it will add notes, alarms, check the weather, send text's/emails will also add calendar events to automatically alert you when you leave or arrive at a certain location. Theres alot more to it but its leaps and bounds ahead of anything on android right now.

for more info check out http://www.siri.com

Last edited:

jcardona1

Reaction score
siri is alot more advanced then anything that currently exists on android. you can speak normal and it will add notes, alarms, check the weather, send text's/emails will also add calendar events to automatically alert you when you leave or arrive at a certain location. Theres alot more to it but its leaps and bounds ahead of anything on android right now.

for more info check out Apple - iPhone 4S - Ask Siri to help you get things done.

Siri is definitely more advanced, but Google's Voice Actions can do a lot, considering how long the software has been out. You can text, call, search, listen, navigate, look up, call, set notes, alarms, directions to, map of, etc.

But Siri's location-based reminders are really slick. I'd like to see something like that from Google. I also like how you can talk back after you get your answer, like a conversation. In the demo I saw a girl asking if it was going to be cold in xxx city, Siri said not really, and brought up a weather forecast. The girl then asked 'what about in xxx city, and you get another answer. Seems like a neat feature.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Siri seems like a very nice feature, and would actually come in handy for me, especially as a student.

I hope something like Siri makes it to Android, I'm really impressed by it. Anyone know if they did a real time demo of it at the show? I know they had some videos, but I mean they show alot of things in videos that don't really work out once the product is released....

Briankbl

Reaction score
Speaktoit Assistant is pretty darn good. Check it out!

Sent using common sense.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Siri seems like a very nice feature, and would actually come in handy for me, especially as a student.

I hope something like Siri makes it to Android, I'm really impressed by it. Anyone know if they did a real time demo of it at the show? I know they had some videos, but I mean they show alot of things in videos that don't really work out once the product is released....

Yeah they did...the video of the keynote is on apples website. Its much more advanced then googles voice control

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah they did...the video of the keynote is on apples website. Its much more advanced then googles voice control

Definitely will have to check that out later. I saw the promotional video, but no real time use. I hope Android gets an app like this, would come in real handy.

rwking

Reaction score
I just installed Vlingo yesterday and I'm pretty impressed. It's not quite where Siri is, but it's nice.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

km75

Reaction score
The apps you guys mentioned are good. Personally I use the app VOICE ACTIONS. Tried all the ones you guys mentioned and I like it better than all of the others. Y'all might want to give it a try in your spare time.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm curious, how often do people use voice to communicate, other than actually making a phone call? I've tried, but frankly, I feel like an idiot talking to my phone.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I'm curious, how often do people use voice to communicate, other than actually making a phone call? I've tried, but frankly, I feel like an idiot talking to my phone.

Lol.. i know what you mean, realistically i use voice only to start my navigation and for that there is the speak destination option.

Sent from my Sourcerized D1

km75

Reaction score

If you spend a lot of time on the road you can really see the benfits of applications like this.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums