Since the update...

Einsteindks

Reaction score
You Google those items? It would seem you have Bluetooth on?

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Bluetooth will impact your battery. Try pulling the battery for 5 minutes and see if you get better results.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Ugh, a battery pull is not possible with a droid Maxx. However, you can boot into stock recovery and clear the cache. If your rooted, then you can also clear the dalvik cache, with the help of some apps.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Ugh, a battery pull is not possible with a droid Maxx. However, you can boot into stock recovery and clear the cache. If your rooted, then you can also clear the dalvik cache, with the help of some apps.

I don't have a Droid Maxx. Thx for the update.

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Bluetooth is always enabled. My issue is why the phone says it is awake while CHARGING.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Did you unknowingly check the box next to stay awake while charging? It's found in the developer options menu.

doogald

Reaction score
Ever since the update, when my phone is charging, the battery stats say the phone is awake the entire time. GSam shows a couple things keeping it awake. I'm wondering if this is something I need to be concerned about, or if I'm just a worry-wort

I can confirm that my phone does the same. I don't recall if it did so prior to the update - but the fact that it stays awake makes sense. The phone's charging circuitry needs to shut down when the charge hits about 90% or so in order to prevent the battery pack from overheating as it nears full-charge, so the phone is probably kept awake to make sure that this is given priority.

I think it's always done this. Look at this review from here of the Maxx when it came out: Quick Review: Motorola DROID MAXX | Droid Life

There are some photos of the battery page. Unfortunately, it cut off the charging line, but if you look at the first the battery stats page, you can see that the phone was charging at various points by the blue line under the graph, which coincides with when the battery graph ticked up, and you'll see that the phone was awake then - and this was back with JB.

I definitely wouldn't worry about it. I only worry about constant awake when I'm on battery, not when I'm charging.

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I've never seen it say it's awake while charging before this update. I just got concerned

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I've never seen it say it's awake while charging before this update. I just got concerned
Understandable. I don't have a Maxx but have had numerous phones and can't recall any of them staying awake while charging. doogald does make a good point and this may be the way it is for the Maxx.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
If I recall correctly, back when I had my OG Droid (2010), Motorola phones HAD to be awake when you charged them. If I had turned my phone off and decided to charge it say 10 minutes later, the act of plugging the charging cable into the phone woke it up, and it stayed awake during the charge and as long afterwords as I let it sit. If I obsessed about that (which I usually didn't) I'd let it charge, then remove the cable and turn it off.

bolden88

Reaction score
So should I install or should I wait to accept update? I don't want a phone with no WiFi. Is everyone seeing this issue or is it spotty?

doogald

Reaction score
So should I install or should I wait to accept update? I don't want a phone with no WiFi. Is everyone seeing this issue or is it spotty?

Actually, my WiFi is better. I'd been having issues since I bought the phone with WiFi getting "stuck" when I am at home - where it just won't download anything, even with a blue icon. Toggling WiFi off and and on always fixes that within a few seconds. Since this update - that hasn't happened at all. WiFi has been rock-solid for me.

aarong03

Reaction score
Actually, my WiFi is better. I'd been having issues since I bought the phone with WiFi getting "stuck" when I am at home - where it just won't download anything, even with a blue icon. Toggling WiFi off and and on always fixes that within a few seconds. Since this update - that hasn't happened at all. WiFi has been rock-solid for me.

I updated seems to be working OK. Just need to watch battery life. As it may be impacted by the update.

aarong03

Reaction score
Well here is a screen shot of battery since update. Looks like the kernnel is running more and is having a impact on battery. Before update I was lucky if app usage broke 20%. Any suggestions?