simple root?

trail_guy

Reaction score
Will simply rooting and without flashing a rom (stock touchwiz) give me the ability to uninstall apps and move the one's I want to the SD card. Thank you!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Will simply rooting and without flashing a rom (stock touchwiz) give me the ability to uninstall apps and move the one's I want to the SD card. Thank you!

Slight side note there, I wouldn't uninstall APPS, I would just freeze with Titanium Backup for disable. You will want those APPS when it comes time to upgrade your device to the new software version.

Also rooting won't let you install APPS to the SD card. We are still waiting on Samsung for the update they have overseas for that functionality.

OP
T

trail_guy

Reaction score
Good information thank you, still trying to figure out how to thank people for help is there a button to click? I am using my phone.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Good information thank you, still trying to figure out how to thank people for help is there a button to click? I am using my phone.

We don't have a Thank button but we do have a Like button. Not sure if you can see it or not from your phone.

Sent from my S4

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'd do what Sydman says, uninstalling a stock system app is something you may regret should you need it back for any reason. Freezing it will do.

As for the like button it usually shows up over the "reply with quote" and "multi" buttons once you hover your cursor over a certain area near the bottom right corner there. You'll have to hover near the last line of a post as it's not right above the two buttons. Confusing directions? A bit, but you'll see what I mean once you get to your PC.

For mobile we have the official DF app and you can also find DF through Tapatalk.

markwebb

Reaction score
Also rooting won't let you install APPS to the SD card. We are still waiting on Samsung for the update they have overseas for that functionality.

If you root and install titanium or apps2sd you should be able to move most apps to sd card, no?