simple keyboard operations

turkjey5

Reaction score
I was wondering if I'm missing something but there doesn't appear to be a way to do these:
1. delete letters after the cursor. E.g. If I have the word "elephant" and the cursor is btw the p and the h, I can't delete the letters after the cursor i.e. the letters "hant."
2. I can't mover the cursor back in a word w/o deleting letters. E.g. if my cursor is after the "t" in elephant and I backspace I will erase all the letters I hit, there's no other way of moving the cursor back.
3. I can't move the cursor forward in a word either, I have to try and use my fingernail to mark where I want the cursor. Not easy considering the size of the screen.

Anyway, are these simple things beyond the scope of the keyboard's functionality?
Thanks

Lenagainster

Reaction score
You can do that and more with SwiftKey. Don't know if it is a choice with the native keyboard since I haven't used it on the Rezound.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
The native keyboard doesn't have "delete" key functionality...matter of fact, most don't. It would be nice but with the magnifying cursor it should be fairly easy to hone in on what you'd like deleted and get the cursor positioned properly to backspace over it.

Snoking

Reaction score
I use Smart Keyboard Pro. In horizontal mode it gives you cursor keys so you can move the entry point left, right, up or down. I like it!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Last edited:

ErcDaMerc

Reaction score
When you use your fingereto move the cursor hold it down and wait for the magnifying glass thing to come up. That makes it much easier. It's like a new version of big guy little coat- Big hands little phone...

Sent from my HTC Rezound.