Keyboard and speaker issue

RVTech

Reaction score
Hi - My phone is probably 10-12 weeks old. About two weeks ago I developed two issues.

1) The speaker sounds like it is blown. I have never had music on it or used the speaker phone.

2) When typing with the Qwerty keyboard I have an issue after typing the letter "a". After typing the letter "a" in a word and then typing the next letter, suddenly the "a" hops to the right side of the letter typed after it and the cursor is to the left of the letter "a". At first I though maybe I was bumping shift next to "a", but that is not the case. It is doing this all by itself about 90% of the time.

I am going to stop by the Verizon store, but I don't have their service plan on the phone for repairs. Any suggestions?

OP
R

RVTech

Reaction score
"In this case its called over modulation. You could try going into settings, sound, and scroll down to media audio effects, phone speaker. Its set at default to BASS PUNCH. Try putting on something like BALANCED. Its asking alot of a small tweeter to take the boom of some peoples voices. Try this, I'll bet it helps."

I did this recommendation and the speaker sounds better.

Yesterday the Qwerty keyboard "A" issue worked fine after a couple of weeks of failure. Not sure what is going on there, but I hope it is done acting up.