Simple ICS update.

Hiker5208

Reaction score
I have been reading some of the threads about the ICS leaks and want to take the plunge but don't want to make it complicated. I am on 905 OTA non- rooted and want to Flash 232 more than likely.

I have no problem with going to get back on the upgrade path later but I really don't see the need to redo what is already done.

Can someone please post a link to 232 and remind me of the details to boot to recovery mode?

eye_dea

Reaction score
Link: http://d-h.st/OU6

Process:
- move 232 zip to the root of sdcard ext
- power off phone
- Hold Volume up + down + Power Button
- Use volume down to get to recovery, then Volume up to select
- Once at the exclamation, press both Volume buttons at the same time
- choose update from sd card
- select the 232 zip
- once done, choose option to boot
- Enjoy

OP
H

Hiker5208

Reaction score
Thanks, starting download now. I will let you know about the results when done.

Then I'll get ready to go back when I need to. My luck it will get released tomorrow...

OP
H

Hiker5208

Reaction score
I had to re-download the file after it errored out on the first install attempt, so I downloaded it on my PC and then moved it to the appropriate spot. It took right off and installed that time. One good thing came out of that in that I wanted to be sure the MD5 sum was correct. In general, it is a pain in the butt but I found a app at WinMD5 Free - Windows MD5 Utility Freeware that works in Windows 7 and has a nice graphical interface. You can even copy in the sum then drag the file right to the open app. It populates the path and checking is then real easy. But I digress...

I have it up and running, but initially was concerned as there was no phone connectivity. I left it set for a while and that eventually populated itself and the basics appear to be working fine! Thanks for the help!

OP
H

Hiker5208

Reaction score
Just as I figured... I take the plunge and this morning a new leak comes out, 235. While it is not that big of a deal, I just knew it. Lol...

OP
H

Hiker5208

Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed that. I would have waited until I heard more in any event.

Thanks regardless!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Mange

Reaction score
I have a silly question.
can I put the update.zip on a separate sdcard, then do the update and then replace the original sdcard?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a silly question.
can I put the update.zip on a separate sdcard, then do the update and then replace the original sdcard?

You probably can, as long as the phone recognizes the card.

I'm curious, why would you want to do that?

Veganlady

Reaction score
Link: Dev-Host - Blur_Version.5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Process:
- move 232 zip to the root of sdcard ext
- power off phone
- Hold Volume up + down + Power Button
- Use volume down to get to recovery, then Volume up to select
- Once at the exclamation, press both Volume buttons at the same time
- choose update from sd card
- select the 232 zip
- once done, choose option to boot
- Enjoy

Hello all,
I tried these directions and got as far as choosing the update from the sd card. I can't see it. I couldn't see it in root (too many folders) so i added it to a folder I could see. Navigated to that folder and couldn't see the zip file. Unzipped the file in that folder and couldn't see the update. It just looks empty.

Any suggestions?
Many thanks

eye_dea

Reaction score
Veganlady said:
Hello all,
I tried these directions and got as far as choosing the update from the sd card. I can't see it. I couldn't see it in root (too many folders) so i added it to a folder I could see. Navigated to that folder and couldn't see the zip file. Unzipped the file in that folder and couldn't see the update. It just looks empty.

Any suggestions?
Many thanks

Needs to be in *external sd card*. Dont unzip the file.