Sim/Signal Issues

RugbyBoy

Reaction score
first post here, I've always had an iphone and would jailbreak them. Finally one of my droid head friends told me that everything i always did to my iphones after a jailbreak can be done to a stock razr maxx so i gave in and switched to the razr maxx. I have never had a problem with this phone up until i updated to ICS. I updated to ICS and had battery issues, lag issues, and mysterious app openings and closings. Well i finally factory reset my phone and cleared my cache two days ago. Everything seemed to be back to normal until today, now it says i have no service and no sim card inserted. At first i could just turn my phone off and on and it would work but now even when i turn it off and on the problem is not solved. Any ideas people? Sorry if this is a common question, i tried looking at a few threads and couldn't find my solution. dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to the forums RugbyBoy and welcome to the world of Android. Your problem has not been a common one or even one I remember reading about with the exception that sometimes 4g reception was poor and it helped to re-seat the sim card. Your sim card has probably either stopped working or has become un-seated-misaligned, First thing to try is turn off the phone, remove the sim card turn the phone back on then power it back off, replace the sim card (careful to only touch the edges... they are delicate), then turn the phone back on.

If this does not fix your problem, go to a Verizon wireless store and get a new sim card. They are free.

Keep us posted on your results. And any questions, feel free to ask away!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Be careful as tis said, finger prints and oils from your skin will corrode the sim cards little foil sticker and make it work improperly.

Be careful when handling the sdcard-ext as well... I recently learned that corroded contacts on the SD car can cause random reboot issues... odd.. but true :)

jaybogg

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums RugbyBoy and welcome to the world of Android. Your problem has not been a common one or even one I remember reading about with the exception that sometimes 4g reception was poor and it helped to re-seat the sim card. Your sim card has probably either stopped working or has become un-seated-misaligned, First thing to try is turn off the phone, remove the sim card turn the phone back on then power it back off, replace the sim card (careful to only touch the edges... they are delicate), then turn the phone back on.

If this does not fix your problem, go to a Verizon wireless store and get a new sim card. They are free.

Keep us posted on your results. And any questions, feel free to ask away!

Looks like a trip to VZW is in your future.:angry: If I had that screen, I would suspect the sim card is bad also.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, I believe jaybogg is correct... you will need to go to verizon to get another sim card. They should make sure it is working before you leave the store. Then you should be good to go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums