Show off your Tattoos!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by cyber3d, Jan 12, 2010.

1. CharlieDog

CharlieDog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ha, like that last one.

I'm spending most of my tax return on a backpiece. I may or may not post pics, lol. People like to rip custom artwork off.

2. Phoxus

Phoxus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    bump from the dead.

3. QiG

QiG Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Wow! I really like everything you guys have posted so far. Funny that everyone posting has had some substantial work done.

I'm in the middle of getting a half sleeve done on my left arm and here's where I'm at. I actually go back this Saturday for another session. I'm more into abstract designs than the tradition tattoos and I was told to reference work done by a guy named Mankan who's based somewhere in Europe. I took some printouts to Dave at Atom Bomb (just east of Cleveland) and I'm extremely happy with the custom piece he's coming up with for me (in fact, I wouldn't let anyone else ink me after having such a good experience with him and his shop). I guess it's called "negative space" and what appeals to me about it is that it will have a layered or 3D kind of effect due to the shading and deep blacks.

I have another one on my back, but no picture handy. I attached the picture I based (copied) it off of. I originally wanted the whole design on my back but when I went to get it done (I was 18 and this was about 9 years ago) the artist made it seem like it couldn't be done without taking up my whole back and costing thousands of dollars. I ended up getting the middle part (basically what's in the white box) done and it's about the size of a piece of paper. Looking back I think a better artist could have done the whole thing but I am still happy with how it turned out (black and grey of course).

What's funny is that the half sleeve I'm getting was originally intended to cover up a small one I have on my right upper arm (I hate it so much I won't describe it) but I liked the concept enough that I didn't want him to have to compromise and I'm putting the cover up off until it's done. So as soon as the sleeve is complete in a couple months I'll be going right back in for work on my right arm. :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. PJay801

PJay801 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I won't post a picture because its custom work and I've already had my designs stolen and posted on Facebook by someone else claiming it was theirs.(I thank my wife for sending them out).
    Now on to the tattoo. Its a half sleeve in progress. I'm about 6 hrs into it with about 6 hrs to go. My son was born in the year 2000. which is also the year of the dragon. So I got a Japanese dragon on my left arm. It is to simulate flying through clouds and a Japanese flower garden. On one of the flowers I have a butterfly which symbolizes my daughter. And above all is the Orion consellation, which is my oldest son. So overall my design symbolizes my 3 kids.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Miller6386

Miller6386 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    Twitter:
    CoreyFMiller
    Per requests... To the top.

6. popcenator