show off your Handcent setups

turdbogls

Reaction score
so i am really happy with my phones theme, however, there is one thing i am not happy with and that is how handcent looks. i have tweaked it a little, but i change it up every week it seems. so i was looking to get some ideas from the fine folks at Droidforums. post your setup and if you are using a custom background, attach them for me and others to use.

my current setup....woof
1300124881-picsay.jpg

1300124799-picsay.jpg

background images attached
2130-leather-masonic-wallpapers-leatherdx.jpg

fontb.jpg

Beka27

Reaction score
Very nice! For some reason it just never really dawned on me to use a background pic, I always just do colors. I'll have to play around with it some!

webmastir

Reaction score
Images seem to add the slightest big of lag when opening up an SMS app. I've been very happy with GO SMS recently

OP
T

turdbogls

Reaction score
Images seem to add the slightest big of lag when opening up an SMS app. I've been very happy with GO SMS recently
hmmm...i just switched to a black color background for both and didn't really notice any difference.

and i tried go sms for about a week....something about it just didnt' work for me. i am kinda anal about the looks of things so i think the lack of contact pictures bothered me.

webmastir

Reaction score
hmmm...i just switched to a black color background for both and didn't really notice any difference.

and i tried go sms for about a week....something about it just didnt' work for me. i am kinda anal about the looks of things so i think the lack of contact pictures bothered me.

Cool. How long has it been since you tried it? You wouldn't believe how far they've come with that project. I used it many months ago, and I couldn't stand the lack of settings/customization like handscent has. I tried it a month or so ago, and I was floored with how much they've added (contact pics being one of them of course). I'd suggest giving it a second look if you ever get bored.
:)

OP
T

turdbogls

Reaction score

Cool. How long has it been since you tried it? You wouldn't believe how far they've come with that project. I used it many months ago, and I couldn't stand the lack of settings/customization like handscent has. I tried it a month or so ago, and I was floored with how much they've added (contact pics being one of them of course). I'd suggest giving it a second look if you ever get bored.
:)
I may have to do that....it was about 2 months ago i think when i tried it. downloading now....we will see if it can dethrone handcent :) thanks for the heads-up
Edit: so i checked it out, went through all the settings and cannot get the contact pic to come up in the conversation list...they are there by default in the inbox list, but not being there in the conversation list bothers me for some reason...it is just little things like that, that bother me so much about competing apps. i do like the look of it after i made my changes tho, and it opens a hair faster than handcent, so i may have to give this a go for a while to see if i can get used to it.

if you know how to get contact pics in the conversation list, let me know.

Last edited:

Beka27

Reaction score
aefcd2e6-2674-f724.jpg

Hopefully this uploads. I'm in bed... Too lazy to hop on the laptop.

(from Beka's DX)