hansocal

Reaction score
im thinking of updating but i really like my root and what i have now
Evil v3.1 rom with otb - reloaded kernal themed with the miui/gingerbread
what do you guys think i should do o.o?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
This would go in the general section....

And no...since EVIL v3.3 was just released and built off ED01, no point in going stock right

OP
H

hansocal

Reaction score
so can i just flash the ed01 evil v3.3? over the ec01 radio or do i have to start all over

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
a full data wipe is suggested....

you can try wiping cache and dalvik cache and flashing the rom and it should be just fine....

the EC01 radio will work just fine with v3.3

prenedo

Reaction score
i really do not want to data wipe LOOOL!

Dumb question. I want to do the same (go from 3.1 to 3.3) but I have never data wiped; just ODIN'd that eb01 sc package. Is it like when I ODIN SC? Or does it keep your apps and homescreen settings, to where you just have to restore system data as opposed to resotring data and apps? I'm sure the answer to this can be found, but I'm feeling lazy today ;-)

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
i really do not want to data wipe LOOOL!

Dumb question. I want to do the same (go from 3.1 to 3.3) but I have never data wiped; just ODIN'd that eb01 sc package. Is it like when I ODIN SC? Or does it keep your apps and homescreen settings, to where you just have to restore system data as opposed to resotring data and apps? I'm sure the answer to this can be found, but I'm feeling lazy today ;-)

You can wipe cache and dalvik cache and flash v3.3.1 over v3.1 just fine...after first boot you will have to reboot into recovery because you will get keyboard force closes so you will have to flash the keyboard fix patch

if you wipe data and cache you lose everything...all apps, data, homescreen settings etc....its a fresh start

wil318466

Reaction score
There is no real pain with wiping data if you have titanium backup and your configuration saved with Launcher Pro or Go Launcher.

Just reinstall your ROM/Kernel whatever, download titanium backup, restore all apps/configuration, restore launcher configuration, move back a few widgets.

That's it.

Go Launcher EX is free, and Titanium backup is probably top 5 apps you could ever buy. It's pretty painless.

I've installed new roms/kernels countless times. Sometimes 3-5 times in one week. Make a backup, install new stuff, if I like it, I keep it, if I don't, I restore.

That easy.