Shortcuts

Kittykat

Reaction score
I have the droid 2 and I don't know what I accidentally pushed, but now every time I try to type a "B" when I'm texting, it pulls up the browser and when I type a "G" it takes me to my gmail. I'm just trying to write a simple text and it's very frustrating. I'm also not technologically saavy, please help!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Quick launch settings are in > settings > Applications > Quick launch.

having said that, they are only supposed to work when on the homescreen, not while entering text. Have you tried a battery pull and reboot?

OP
K

Kittykat

Reaction score
Thank you so much! Fixing them on the quick launch worked!

ltcalex

Reaction score
When using your text in documents, are there any shortcuts, i.e., cut and paste similar to ctl c ctl v, etc. and others or not?

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Ya, I'd like to know too. I tried copying a UPS tracking number from an email today and it wouldn't give me the options to copy. It gave me the select box, IE: The highlighter with the two arrows, but when i long pressed it, nothing.

ltcalex

Reaction score
Ya, I'd like to know too. I tried copying a UPS tracking number from an email today and it wouldn't give me the options to copy. It gave me the select box, IE: The highlighter with the two arrows, but when i long pressed it, nothing.
Scottysize, do you think this thread is worthy of a "like"? I do believe it will be very helpful to all members. :biggrin:

ltcalex

Reaction score
In my previous forum entry, I copied the text to my Evernote and pasted it to this site.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Razr this works. LIKE!

Last edited:

Zandar

Reaction score
The Swype editing keyboard view is also very helpful. Swype from the Swype key to the symbol key to access it.

Sliced from my RAZR

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Long press to highlight text. Move the icons to highlight the text you want to copy. Then tap the text once in it down loaded to your clipboard.
Open what ever app that you want to paste the text into and then long press and paste will pop up. Piece of cake.

ltcalex

Reaction score
JohnnytheK - Thanks for spelling it out for our forum members. The above android forum has it posted as well aloong with numerious other shortcuts.

Does anyone have the link for "screen capture" for the RAZR? This would be an awesome app for troubleshooting, gaming, and more. Thanks to anyone!!!

Trash Can

Reaction score