Shortcuts in Folders

DroidDoc

Reaction score
search of forums came up empty. Is there a way to rearrange shortcuts etc when added to a folder. I put a bunch of "QuickDials" in a folder but want to arrange them a specific way, when I hold down on one it takes the icon out of the folder to the Home screen and nothing in the menu, can't seem to figure it out . . .

krise11385

Reaction score
It goes by the order in which u put them in the folder . The fist one u put in is the first in order . If u want rearrange thme bring them all out to ur home screen then put them back in the order u want . It took me a lil while to fugure this out too . Good luck

OP
DroidDoc

DroidDoc

Reaction score
I thought there had to be an easier way, my home screens are pretty full so difficult to pull these out but thanks . . .

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try renaming one of the shortcuts and seeing if that effects its location, (hoping by changing the modified date/time if that would be the same as last added)

OP
DroidDoc

DroidDoc

Reaction score
Good thought but how do I rename the shortcut? As far as I can tell I have very little options to adjust/change shortcut options

pettinej

Reaction score
I have searched through the forums but have been unable to find an answer. When I use the stock home screen and create a folder where does it exist on the device. The thing that I would like to do is re-use the direct dial and direction shortcuts in other home screens.

OP
DroidDoc

DroidDoc

Reaction score
I have searched through the forums but have been unable to find an answer. When I use the stock home screen and create a folder where does it exist on the device. The thing that I would like to do is re-use the direct dial and direction shortcuts in other home screens.

you mean have "copies" of the shortcut on different Home screens?

pettinej

Reaction score
Yeah I guess. I would like to save the copy of the folder on my SD card and try to use the shortcuts. I guess I want to look under the hood.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good thought but how do I rename the shortcut? As far as I can tell I have very little options to adjust/change shortcut options

Thanks, though shortsighted, you can rename a folder for example, but I don't think you can change the name of a shortcut itself.

I was having a Win 7 moment. Forgive me.