Sgs3 & mtp?

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Do we know if the SGS3 will use MTP like the Gnex does for USB connection? I don't have a problem on my Win 7 machine at home, but I have a heck of a time with MTP on my work computer (Win XP). It's very sporadic with regard to when it does and does not work. I get a different result every time I plug it in.

It probably (definitely) won't dissuade me from upgrading to the SGS3, but I hope it doesn't use MTP.

ripsting

Reaction score
Are you sure it's not your USB cable?

Usually you can set your USB connection mode: Mass storage, Media, or Charge Only.

phillyphill39

Reaction score

Usually you can set your USB connection mode: Mass storage, Media, or Charge Only.

Not on the nexus. No mass storage mode since there isnt a memory card slot. And for sg3 I'm pretty sure it will be like the rest of the phones and have mass storage mode.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score

I suppose it could be, but the cable works fine with everything else (I know that doesn't really mean anything) and sometimes it works fine with the Gnex... just very sporadic.

Not on the nexus. No mass storage mode since there isnt a memory card slot. And for sg3 I'm pretty sure it will be like the rest of the phones and have mass storage mode.

That's what I was thinking since, it has an SD card slot. Here's hoping!