Note 2 to PC - usb MTP not working

Algae998

Reaction score
I'm trying to connect my Note 2 to my Windows 7 computer via usb but can't get it to connect.

This used to work for me but since one of the recent updates, it will no longer work.

When I plug it in, it says connected as installer on my phone. I click that, go to the MTP and PTP options, hit MTP and nothing. As soon as the box is checked, it unchecks itself.

I've tried this multiple times, booting the phone and computer and installing the drivers from the phone.

Im trying to access files on the phone, so I cannot simply remove the SD card and use a reader. How can I get this to work?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
This is not an uncommon problem but it is frequently related to an issue with Windows, mostly not easy to fix. I suggest you try using WiFi File Transfer as a way to transfer the files or send them to DropBox or another cloud service.

OP
Algae998

Algae998

Reaction score
Thanks, I tried the wifi file transfer app and it works quite well. A little slower than usb but at least I have access to internal storage files without moving them to the SD card and putting it in a reader.