several annoying issues..

felisha

Reaction score
Okay..

1. When I get a call I have to push the power/unlock button SEVERAL times otherwise it will not unlock to answer.

2. My contacts will just disappear.

3. When trying to type in google/facebook status,message,wall post/text it will pull up the search bar. I have to turn my phone off or kill the app for it to work. Sometimes it wont type at all even tho it is highlighted w/ the orange bar.

theres more but i can't think of them right now. dancedroid

oh and i have the motrola droid

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
All symptoms of problems that should be resolved with a factory reset. Have you done anything to your phone? It's likely that you installed an app that didnt agree with your phone.

OP
F

felisha

Reaction score
Crap, I forgot to add.

I've had 4 of these phones. All have been reset, all have been turned off and on.

4 FOUR 444444444 yes 4 of the damn phone.

So, It's not a simple reset.

OP
F

felisha

Reaction score
Oh, And I've only downloaded apps that other people w/ droids have used and none had an issue.

xXbrick84Xx

Reaction score
I've literally never heard of ANYONE else having this issue. Did you try changing the screen timout?? Make sure your google account is synced?? Tell us more details and we may be able to help..

Brick

OP
F

felisha

Reaction score
I've literally never heard of ANYONE else having this issue. Did you try changing the screen timout?? Make sure your google account is synced?? Tell us more details and we may be able to help..

Brick

:icon_eek: I've had it on 4!! My Gmail is ALWAYS synced.. and the time out is set at the default..

xXbrick84Xx

Reaction score

Brick

:icon_eek: I've had it on 4!! My Gmail is ALWAYS synced.. and the time out is set at the default..

1: your phones screen automatically turns on when you get a call, usually takes it a sec but it will.

2: try removing and re-syncing your google account, making sure back up contacts is selected. (Are you rooted??)

3: try using socialite by LG, a MUCH better facebook app. It can be found here on the forums somewhere and installed as a non-market application.

Hope it helps,
Brick

OP
F

felisha

Reaction score
1: your phones screen automatically turns on when you get a call, usually takes it a sec but it will.

2: try removing and re-syncing your google account, making sure back up contacts is selected. (Are you rooted??)

3: try using socialite by LG, a MUCH better facebook app. It can be found here on the forums somewhere and installed as a non-market application.

Hope it helps,
Brick

Okay..

1. It does auto light up but it won't let me slide to answer. So I have to push the power/unlock key a few times and then try to slide before it will let me. I miss the call half the times and I run a business so I can't be having this happen!

2. I've done that with the reset, and exchanging of 4 phones.

3. I'm not talking about the FB app I'm talking about the internet and texting in general. It will light up the orange box so I can type and once I start typing it either does'nt show up at all, or it will start typing in the search bar. OH and I forgot to add this. SOMETIMES on the RARE occasion it will let me type in the internet it won't let me send it or post it.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also, you havent addressed the possibility that you have some program installed that's causing problems.... When you get your new phone, do you re-download the same apps each time? Do you backup/restore with an app?

It's either this, or user error. I've seen a few people around here who got 2 or 3 bad phones, but when it gets up to 4 or more, it's usually user error.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yea, this sounds kind of user error. What phone did you have before the droid? How long have you been under contract? Maybe its just a case of learning a little more about the android system.

1. It doesn't make sense that your touch screen only becomes unresponsive when you are getting a call. If you can text/type/browse/open apps your screen must be working.

2. Your contacts will just disappear. We need mroe information. Are you going through the contacts app? Is it every contact, just the fb ones?

3. Remove the search bar and see if this keeps happening. Is this happening when plugged into a charger or random?

I could see this on one phone, but youve gotten your third refurb by now and I cannot believe that all are the exact same in defect.

OP
F

felisha

Reaction score
Also, you havent addressed the possibility that you have some program installed that's causing problems.... When you get your new phone, do you re-download the same apps each time? Do you backup/restore with an app?

It's either this, or user error. I've seen a few people around here who got 2 or 3 bad phones, but when it gets up to 4 or more, it's usually user error.
It is not user error and it is not an app.
Yea, this sounds kind of user error. What phone did you have before the droid? How long have you been under contract? Maybe its just a case of learning a little more about the android system.

1. It doesn't make sense that your touch screen only becomes unresponsive when you are getting a call. If you can text/type/browse/open apps your screen must be working.

2. Your contacts will just disappear. We need mroe information. Are you going through the contacts app? Is it every contact, just the fb ones?

3. Remove the search bar and see if this keeps happening. Is this happening when plugged into a charger or random?

I could see this on one phone, but youve gotten your third refurb by now and I cannot believe that all are the exact same in defect.

I had the iphone before3yrs, 3 diff phones as in upgrades never once in my life turned in a phone for warranty till now), I've had this phone for 3 months. I pretty much know the ins and outs of the phone. EVERY.SINGLE.ONE of these issues the verizon rep has seen himself and has messed with himself. He has worked with me every step of the way through all 4 phones and KNOWS it's not user error otherwise it wouldn't of happened to him.

1. I know, but it happens. The verizon guy said it might be because I use the keyboard too much and confusing the system?

2. I'm using gmail for my contacts. It's not connected to FB in any way since the first phone. I use FB online not the FB app.

3. How do I remove the search bar?

I don't even have any apps downloaded right now, just the plain jane stock everything.

I know it's not user error because I'm pretty internet/phone/tech savy.

I've done everything the verizon guy has done. He's said he's had every single issue but not all at once and not as frequent and they just "went away" on it's own. So I dunno.

soops

Reaction score
I read DF alot & don't recall this type of issue. To OP: there are people here willing to help you out if you give them enough information. I'm curious though could you post a youtube of your phone having this issue? This may help pinpoint the issue.

OP
F

felisha

Reaction score
Yeah if I can grab my camera between the cries of my little one LOL